10 motorcycles we most want to ride this summer

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by cdrw, Jul 4, 2013.

1. cdrw

cdrw Ol'Timer

2. Loading...

3. "Star 1300 Deluxe: Billed as the "world's first production midsize bagger," the V Star 1300 Deluxe is a variation on a respected bike, dressing it up for mild touring"

Hefty head-scratching moment going on here....... who the hell would rate a 1300cc bike, especially a Jap one, a "midsize" bike for "mild" touring? Batwing fairing with a tall screen will protect you from a helluvalot of shit, and the panniers are certainly big enough..... mild touring????

4. KZ25

KZ25 Ol'Timer

Of those 10 bikes the only one I'd be interested in would be the CB500X...

What is it with this "Star" brand? Is it a subdivision of Yamaha? I've read the name lots of times but haven't figured out what it's about.
  5. From motorcyclistonline.com: Star Motorcycles V Star 1300 Deluxe exists in a sub-segment that parent company Yamaha calls “casual full dress touring,”
  6. KZ25

KZ25 Ol'Timer

Thanks for the info - I'm not much for "casual full dress touring".

One of the bikes I'd like to ride this summer would be the FZ-09.

Read somewhere that Yamaha is working on a 500/600cc twin.
  7. Just amazes me that Yamaha seem to have totally forgotten that H-D and Indian have been producing what they refer to as "midsize" baggers for, oh, about 60 years!
  8. mezcal

mezcal Ol'Timer

I definitely want to ride Roland Sands Ducati Desmosedici Tracker!
    and the MV Augusta F3...