175 cc motor size restriction in Vietnam

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
quote:

Originally posted by Digby he said be had a letter from the Vietnamese Prime Minister which was organised by the Indonesian President. So, no worries!

Don't supposed you asked for a copy???

Change his name to yours, no worries ever again...

[:D]

Cheers,
Daewoo

Dec 21, 2004
Hi, can anyone kindly update on the restriction of bikes above 175cc,
there's some rumours in S'pore that the restriction had been lifted.

Thanks alot!

Safe Riding!![:)]

pexa

Jan 10, 2007
I hate to sound pessimistic, but it didnt seem that even under 175cc were allowed in last December (see the posting "UNDER 175 cc TO VIETNAM, FORGET IT" by Hiko on this forums Any message-section).. yes, theres been this rumour about them lifting the ban, but so far no-ones confirmed anything, so its just a rumour. And maybe the news that sparked this rumour actually means that they´ll be able to sell NEW big bikes inside Vietnam, not necessarily so that tourists can enter with their own ones. Hope Im wrong, though!!

MBT

Dec 2, 2006
I have just received word from Vietnam that the 175cc ban has been lifted however... As Pexa mentions still look on the pessimistic side. A friend was at the Viet Embassy a week or so ago trying to make special arrangements for bigger bikes to go in but it all fell on stoney ground but we assumed the lifted ban info just wasn't circulated to the embassies! More than likely if it is 100% lifted (they have been threatening this for some time now) it is going to take a long time for this information to filter through to the border boys!

I am still trying and will be on contact with a few Viet government offices within the next few weeks so will update this I hope with some news good or bad!