2 day ride suggestions from Pattaya

Apr 4, 2013
Hi people

I'm new here and I will be passing through Thaland in a few weeks time. I will fly into BKK and then onto Pattaya to see a mate but would like to hire a bike and do a ride for a day or two if possible. Roads or easy going dirt rides are fine.

Can anyone make any suggestions as I really dont know the area.

Also if any of you fancy meeting for a beer when I'm there I would be glad to.

Dec 27, 2007
Good Day and welcome to GT-Rider :happy1:

There are lot of rental options in Pattaya, but be aware that some of the outfits are a bit dodgy and like to hit you up for pre-existing damage when you return the bike, so make sure you check out any bike thoroughly before you take it and note any pre-existing damage to the rental shop. Some places will ask you for your passport as collateral. I'd avoid them if I were you.

If you head east towards Rayong you will have many fantastic roads to choose from all the way to the Cambodian border. Chantaburi and Trat are beautiful provinces with mountains, beaches, orchards and national parks well worth exploring.

Up to you if you want to stick to paved roads or explore a bit off the beaten track- there's no shortage of things to see and do.

Khao Siba Chan National Park and Khao Chamao Khao Wong are only a couple hours from Pattaya. A little further east is Khao Khitchakut National Park. Or, if you prefer the beach, other than the industrial zone in western Rayong, it's a beautiful coastline all the way to Cambodia.

Have a great ride!

Oct 11, 2009
Tony
I have hired bikes in Pattaya and other places in Thailand but I can never get them to hire without leaving my passport .I am back next month can you recommend places that are ok and will not require my passport please?
Thanks
Safe riding
Paul

Dec 27, 2007
I know that BBR (Bangkok Bikes Rental) here in Bangkok does NOT require you to leave a passport, but they may ask for a security deposit. Website: http://www.bangkokbikesrental.com/#HOME.A

And there's a new tour company / rental shop called Asia Riding Adventure that is opening soon in Bangkok that also takes a deposit, but no passport: http://www.asiaridingadventure.com/

There was a nice Thai lady in Pattaya that rents only Kawasakis who never required a passport. Sorry, I really can't remember the exact location- she's just off the early part of beach road. Haven't been there in years so not sure she's still there...

Oct 11, 2009
Tony
Thanks for that, I did hire from them but it was the year of the flood and getting out of bangkok was a nightmare and back even with sat nav and they charged me quiet a lot for some stone chips ,but they were professional and helpfull.I was trying to avoid riding through bangkok I have done it several times but always get lost
Cheers and safe riding
Paul