2007 SBK Superbikes

Oct 22, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

Rassaru, any idea what channell was on in the Fish And Chip Shop you watched the superbike race.

No idea, sorry. The guy I was with arranged it before I got in the shop. He is another member of the forum, whom I met for the first time this morning. I know his real name, but feel I should not use that here, and not his forum handle. Perhaps he'll check in at some point and answer your question

quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

Nice couple run the shop there, Da and Kiwi, we had breakkie there most mornings the 3 weeks we were up there in CNX

It was my first time there this morning, but I met Kiwi and very much agree with half of your assessment that the shop is run by a nice couple. [:)]

Nov 11, 2006
I am the guy mentioned by Rasseru and we got Soda to put it on Supersport 1 or 2 - can't remember which but we got the whole day basically with both Superbike and Supersport races including a very long and interesting interview with Troy Bayliss.
As i've said about the Irish Pub before if it ain't Rugby or Cricket forget about it because anything else ain't sport!!

Jun 21, 2006
You lucky buggers, I watched Engine Block on Star Sports and got 2 minutes of WSB in Phillip Island, and UBC charge 1,600 baht a month for the privelage, cable tv, which you saw it on only charges 350 baht a month, TIT

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Well just lucked out & watched the UK Donnington SBK Races on the goggle box at home, compliments of WETV cable TV.

Last time for the Philip Island SBK races they (the local WETV) swapped the channels over, & we ended up with some Indian sports channel watching badminton, instead of the South African Super Sports channel with the bikes! Not very satisfactory.

Today, Toseland got the 1st race, after Bayliss got dumped & rushed off to hospital, & in the 2nd race mad Max Biaggi gifted it to Haga in the last turn a couple of hundred metres before the finishing line. So what else is new eh Max?

The SBK commentary & non-race coverage was excellent with plenty of crowd shots & gossip - superior to the sterile MotoGP presentation. We also got the Supersport plus Superstock races.

Now from what I can gather WETV should be carrying most of the races on the SA Supersports Channel. The only problem could be when the staff get bored & start swapping channels around to watch something else & they don’t carry the appropriate SS channel.

In Chiang Mai, only the UN Irish Pub has a satellite dish to pick up the SA SS channels direct, but the SBK races are only 3rd or 4th on their viewing priority. 1 is rugby. 2 is football (soccer). 3 is probably cricket & 4 is motorbikes, so more often than not they won’t have the bike races.

The other option then is to hope that WETV carry it & you can watch it at one of the inner city bars / restaurants that have WETV cable. Places to choose from then are
1. Jonadda ghouse.
2. The Local in Moon Muang soi 9
3. Angelinas in Moon Muang soi 8
4. Fish & Chips on Ratchawithi

Next SBK race is April 15 in Spain & the telecast should start from about 6 pm.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Hi David,

Get this: I'm currently in the UK and the home WSB round was not on terrestrial TV at all so I missed it. Seems like since Foggy retired, mainstream TV programmers are now ignoring it again [:(].

Another option in CNX is my old place the "Jai-Yen Cafe" on Moon Muang as I had WETV installed last year for the World Cup. Dunno if Kevin has kept up the subscription but if so, could be an option? Remember though, we'll be slap bang in the middle of Songkran for the next round so could be a damp affair travelling to any joint to watch the race!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Dec 26, 2006
yesterday i was there with John Equid and by a few times they make us feel like we are not very welcome to watch the superbike there ....
So i think the next time , we ll move somewhere else ..

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Hmm Guess I better got riding this weekend even a short one is better then nothing

Jun 21, 2006
Don't any of you Guys have a UBC magazine

Saturday April 7th Malaysian F1
12.57 - 14.00 F1 Qualifying Live
19.30 - 20.30 Repeat Same Same

Sunday April 8th
11.00 - 12.00 World Rally Chiampionship
12.00 - 13.00 F1 Qualifying Repeat
13.00 - 14.00 F1 Race Day Live
14.00 - 15.30 F1 Actual Race Live

22.00 - 23.30 F1 Race repeat

All on UBC Star Sports CH66

Dec 26, 2006
so where the GT rider are going to join for the SBK of this sunday ?
David any idea or still dreaming of the german mia noi luxury transportation from David Lek.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by desmomonstro

so where the GT rider are going to join for the SBK of this sunday ?
David any idea or still dreaming of the german mia noi luxury transportation from David Lek.

Not sure yet, but it has to be somewhere they dont watch F1, football or cricket, as they will all clash.
Safest bets could be
1. Jonadda Ghouse
2. Angelinas, if the girls are not having a party
3. Fish & Chips, but probably watching football.
Inside the moat at 6pm could be a significant water & traffic problem too.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
From the DSTV website. VALENCIA SBK RACES.
Times are from South Africa, so add 5 hours.
The channel is Supersports 5. So lets hope WETV run that channel.

10:35 Superbike Sunday
Duration: 01:00
Coverage of the 2007 Valencia Superbike Sunday event.

11:35 FIM Superbike World Championship
Duration: 01:35
Coverage of the 2007 Spanish Race 1 from Valencia.

13:10 FIM Superbike World Championship
Duration: 01:10
Coverage of the 2007 Spanish SuperSport from Valencia.

14:20 FIM Superbike World Championship
Duration: 00:45
Coverage of the 2007 Spanish Superstock 1000 from Valencia.

15:05 FIM Superbike World Championship
Duration: 01:40
Coverage of the 2007 Spanish Race 2 from Valencia.

My vote to watch it would be Angelinas in Moon Muang Soi 8, but Jonadda & Fish 'n Chips are both less than 500 metres away. Jonadda 300 & F'C 500.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Unbelievable speeds of 210+ Mph, that Ducati sure has the power edge this year. Great race

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by JohhnyE

And where can we watch SBK this Sunday from Monza?

John
Doesnt look like any live coverage for Monza SBK as it clashes with the F1?

What I see are replays on Monday at 7.00 am, plus Tues at 8.00 pm

The DSTV Schedule:
MONDAY 14TH
02:00 FIM Superbike World Championship
Coverage of the 2007 FIM Superbike World Championship - Italian Race 1 from Monza.
03:00 FIM Superbike World Championship
Coverage of the 2007 FIM Superbike World Championship - Italian Supersport from Monza.
04:00 FIM Superbike World Championship
Coverage of the 2007 FIM Superbike World Championship - Italian Race 2 from Monza.

TUESDAY 15TH
15:00 FIM Superbike World Championship
Coverage of the 2007 FIM Superbike World Championship - Italian Race 1 from Monza.
16:00 FIM Superbike World Championship
Coverage of the 2007 FIM Superbike World Championship - Italian Race 2 from Monza.

Times quoted above are from South Africa, so add 5 hrs forCnx.

But why not come to the Downunder for the F1 on Sunday, telecast starts at 6.00 pm & the race at 7.00 pm?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

We watched the Superbikes at Irish Pub in one room while the heathens watched F1 in the other.

Wow! Good stuff there from Sandy & the UN Irish. Perhaps that is where we should return to full time, after Gus has gone from The Downunder.
Does Sandy have any guarantee we can watch all the SBK races if they are on?

Nov 11, 2006
Sandy's ok but his partner seems not to like SBK or Moto GP. Last time he kept coming up asking when it would finish. Yesterday as soon as the 2nd race finished he turned it on to soccer even though nobody but us were in there watching. Then he left the room and so did we. Changed the station to show f....... soccer for nobody!

Jun 21, 2006
quote:

Sandy's ok but his partner seems not to like SBK or Moto GP. Last time he kept coming up asking when it would finish. Yesterday as soon as the 2nd race finished he turned it on to soccer even though nobody but us were in there watching. Then he left the room and so did we. Changed the station to show f....... soccer for nobody!

JohhnyE you should mention to them, that in this months (May) edition of Chiang Mai Guidelines, page 60, U.N. Irish Pub has an advert listing all their sports to be shown on their tv. Amongts their listings is World Superbikes Monza and Silverstone.

I was in there last Saturday watching World Rally, and F1 qualifying. Sandy really helpfull, but the girl behind the bar looked like she had just come from a funeral, eally miserable look on her face. And my girlfriend and I were the only 2 people in the upstairs bar.

(And yes guys I did buy a couple of drinks in there)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sandy, the UN IRish Pub owner says ok to watch SBK there the next few months.
Greg is his new yank manager who might be the anti-motorsports "partner" JohnnyE complained about.
There is SBK at Silverstone tomorrow, but it still does not appear in the TV schedule.
Sandy also says he can show 3 separate TV channels at the same time with the UN IRish pub TV satellite set up. So most of the time the bikes should be ok, but then again....