2008 Bangkok Motor Show March 28 to April 6 Bitec

Jul 17, 2007
tropicaljohno wrote: During the Motor Show, there will be a Motorcycle Day 2008 Event

details in link below. Its all in Thai so perhaps someone with Thai loaded on their pc could translate and report the event in English please.

http://www.grandprixgroup.com/new/motor ... rcycle.asp
From what I gather (by reading the numbers!) , at 5pm on the 29th, there's a Jap Classic Bike meet.

On the 30th, Sunday at 5pm Scooters, European Classic Bikes and Big Bikes are featured.

Hopefully someone will translate as the site's English language link isn't working.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
We will be there on 31st

Amd got info from Paddock that they are not going to be in motor show as they have they own mini motor show on they own premesis.

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
I think you mite find the "bier Garten" is on soi7, not soi 5.

Rex

soi7bg.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Yep it was on Soi 7 alright.
The "Cnx mob" arrived late from BITEC, a mere 1 hr + a bit behind schedule.
Great to see E3L0 patiently waiting for us. Dave bloody good to see you again mate. Laugh, I have taken Lunar Calendar idea on board & something will happen real soon.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I had a Great Couple of Days thanks to the Boys But What a Disappointment the Big Bike Dealers Information turned out to Be for me who was waiting for News On Big Dirt Bikes :cry: Same Story Basically From all the Big Names. Due to Thailand's New Homologation Rules this will Be One of the Toughest Countries in the World to Pass the Test Next Year when they Go to Euro 4 Specs or some Bullshit like this. So Hypocritical as we were Stuck in Traffic for Hours with Trucks and Public Transport Buses Belching Out Clouds of Black Smoke :roll: But T.I.T. Anyway seems Only Fuel Injected Bikes will be Imported and Only Californian Spec Bikes!!! Here is Where they Get a Bit Stupid!!!
Honda Sell the XR650R in California but won't import it as it has a Carburetor!!! Yamaha has the XT660 which is Fuel Injected but won't sell it as it isn't available in California??? Kawasaki make the KLR650 here, Sell it in California but won't sell it here as it also has a Carburetor and Not Injected??? I forget what Suzuki said about the DR650 but no plans on the DRZ400 yet? Such Smart Guys in Charge, I have some colourful comments but won't damage the Board by using them!!! The Only Good News is Honda will sell the 700 Transalp which is Fuel Injected But Not Sold in California? But not till end of this or next year? Kawasaki will Sell Bikes but the Biggest Dirt Bike is the KLX250 which should be available New by the end of This Year for a Quoted Price of Under 200.000 Baht Including the Plate!!! A Nice little Bike :D

KLX250.jpg

The only other Option available is BMW with the G650 Range starting from 495.000 Baht for the Xcountry Basic up to 639.000 for the Xmoto. 603.000 Baht for the Xchallenge. No Word on the GS800 Yet. So unless you are in the Very Rich Category the only Choice we have is the Grey Importers if you can Trust them to get you a Real Plate??? I will Still hope things take a Turn for the Better as you never know in Asia as we all know anything can Happen :wink:

On a Lighter Note:
These are actual comments made on Student Application Sheets.
The Students were applying to Work for the Thai Government in the Future!!! :oops: In Most Cases they Were Accepted. The Dumbest one is Now In Charge of New Vehicle Homologation :roll:

1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.

2. I would not allow this student to breed.

3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.

4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.

6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together .

7. This child has been working with glue too much.

8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.

9. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming.

10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.

11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.

12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Davidfl wrote: Yep it was on Soi 7 alright.
The "Cnx mob" arrived late from BITEC, a mere 1 hr + a bit behind schedule.
Great to see E3L0 patiently waiting for us. Dave bloody good to see you again mate. Laugh, I have taken Lunar Calendar idea on board & something will happen real soon.
Great to acquaint and reacquaint. Can you come down every Friday?