2008 Kawasaki D-Tracker 250/KLX250 w/120K in extras (Bangkok)

Feb 1, 2012
Mate you should have got yourself a good 4x4 truck at least you could have taken all that stuff with you ... no wonder you were dropping the bike if you were trying to carry that much wheight off road haha

Jun 18, 2009
Looking at the title it was what I wanted but after looking at the pictures i am not sure
Is the 2 finger levers just standard ones cut in half?
Does the kickstand have a rubber flip flop sole glued to it?
Have the footrests been left on and larger footrests welded to them?
Can the rack be taken off easy ?
How much Cash without any parts at all?

Feb 23, 2010
Ted - I am sorry to hear you are selling your bike...and that I am not over there to buy it off you! Seriously... the amount of time and dedication you have put into this bike is crazy.

Guys - this is an amazing bike overall - you should go check it out. Ted is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to custom modifications. He is also very honest and humble all the time.

Knowing the bike (I was in the Laos trip he mentioned), honestly I cannot believe he is letting everything go at this price.

Not that you need one in Bangkok traffic :) but try getting a Cold Steel for 400 baht in Thailand :) Go to Siam Paragon and check out the prices for Cold Steel first. Everything else on the bike is also top quality.

I would recommend anyone who is looking for a DT or KLX250 to go check out this bike before looking at anything else.

Seriously Ted? Can't believe you are letting her go. And can't believe you are asking for such a low price...

-Esat

Feb 16, 2010
Answers to your questions.

Is the 2 finger levers just standard ones cut in half?
Yes, I just chopped off the standard levers and sanded them down.
I tried the Zetas (you even get one in this sale) but they're 3 finger levers so not to my liking and no one makes 2 finger levers.
When you have a DTX brake rotor, you don't need anymore than 2 fingers to have effective braking.
I feel you have better reaction time with 2 finger levers but that's just my unscientific opinion.

Does the kickstand have a rubber flip flop sole glued to it?
It's actualy part of a car tire carcass, regular rubber would deform too much in sand, but the steel belted tire keeps its shape well.
It's not glued, there's one bolt holding it on so you can swivel it or just remove it entirely.

Have the footrests been left on and larger footrests welded to them?
Yes they are stock footrests with extra steel welded onto them.
They are super wide and comfy but only towards the rear so they don't affect shifting or braking.
You can still remove them and get stock ones or add the racepegs that are included in the sale but I'm sure you wouldn't after you try these wide ones.

Can the rack be taken off easy?
Yes, I can add or remove either the big or small rack in 15 minutes.
You just need an M8, M14 socket and M6 hex driver.

How much Cash without any parts at all?
The parts are free extras, no discount.
Good luck trying to find any DTX or KLX with 7000km and an extra wheelset for 110,000 baht anywhere in this country.

When it gets cool again, I'll probably pull the ad down and ride through Laos again if it doesn't sell.

FrankT

Sep 10, 2010
Ah now we are talking Ted:

"When it gets cool again, I'll probably pull the ad down and ride through Laos again if it doesn't sell"

Brian and me will start planning the next Laos trip soon ;-)

Dec 27, 2007
Dear Ted,

I'm interested in the D-Tracker wheels, rack and some of your ram mounts.

Let me know if you'd consider selling them separately.

Happy Trails!

Tony