2011 Dan Sai Phi Ta Khon Festival

Dec 27, 2007
West and I are very interested in attending as well. Can you give us contact info for the hotel so we can try and snag some rooms before it gets booked out? Cheers! Tony

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Davidfl;268411 wrote: 2011 Phi Ta Khon Festival
I have a room booked in Dan Sai 1-2 Frid & Sat July, plus 3rd & 4th July in Loei
I've been looking for a festival to visit after my recent trip to Yasothon's
Rocket Festival.
After reading some of Davidfl's earlier TR's to Phi Ta Khon's festival,
I'm hooked and want to attend.

However, I couldn't find any G/H listing on the Net...just Resorts ($$)...
Anyone have any links or G/H suggestions w/ phone numbers for Phi Ta Khon?
My last resort may be the dank S/T place Davidfl listed in an early TR ;-)

Sep 4, 2007
Today I called in to a couple of places in Dan Sai, both within walking distance of the event. Both fully booked on Friday 1st, although one one had a large room available,suitable for 6 people for 2500Baht for the 2nd July only. The first one had more than doubled their room prices to 2500 Baht for a double room and they were all booked. These are the only 2 days in the year they can get these sort of returns on their rooms, so you cannot really blame them.
Finally booked a room at a resort, but its a nice one, with well located individual cabins about 500M or so along the Nakhon Thai road after the big Wat on the LHS. Nice location, but not really walking distance, seems good condition and includes breakfast. Standard price 800Baht. Pi Ta Kon weekend, 1,200 Baht, so not so much inflated. They still have 3 or 4 rooms available, but you will probably have to pay part of the cost for them to accept a booking. Phone number 0862337103. Its a Thai name that approximates to Drijutarat Resort.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Because the election is on this weekend Sunday July 3rd, the festival parades have been moved forward 1 day & the activities now start Friday morning.
So that means you should be in Dan Sai by 10.00AM.
The no alcohol ban would severely effect the fun of the festival 0n the SUnday I reckon.
Note too my contact is sitting on 2 more rooms at 1200 baht for me, si if anyone else wants to join in on Ftiday 1st & Saturday 2nd let me know asap, or I will have to cancel them in a day or two,