2012 Honda NC700X

Oct 17, 2006
I was sceptical about the NC700 being a boring commuter hack until my friend George bought an NC 700 manual gearbox version and he let me ride it Today , i was impressed the bike looks really cool snd has Hondas usual great build quality has 2400miles in 2 months and it is really rather good , it handle well for a budget bike he paid £5399 which is about 280,000 baht ,the engine is super for low down and midrange torque it tops out at 110mph which is more than enough in UK , Cof G is low with neat laid down engine and under seat fuel cell so bike feels light and its all nicely laid out if it was available in Thailand at less than 300k itb would be a winner and thats from a Ducati rider. I liked it Oh and with aftermarket Laser pipe it really sounds nice and is 9kg lighter as well, the storage unit will take a load of stuff even a helmet its all very clever and at over 80mpg sensible as well but not BORING .

apparently Honda are working on a 1000cc version too possibly a tourer to replace Pan Euro for 2013-14???

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
Did you ride the NC700X (I assume you did) or the NX700S? I'd prefer the X simply because I like the softer "trail-oriented" suspension since I had an XR650L and a DR650SE.
But the S with the stiffer street suspension is cheaper and looks better.
I think Honda is onto something here, the S is something between a scooter and a standard bike, looks like a real bike but is practical and with automatic easy to ride. Since I switched from Honda Wave to Yamaha Nouvo I'm a fan of automatics. With the CBR through city traffic sucks now, stop-and-go, shift and clutch in and out - keeps me busy and takes time. Prefer to simply gas it and go without worries if I'm in first or second gear. I bet in about ten years there will be lots of these scooter/standard hybrids and together with some power scooters like the T-Max they may have a big market share like choppers/cruisers did ten years ago. Read somewhere that the NC700 X and S sell quite well in Europe.
They're working on a 1000cc version? Fine with me but I'd be more interested in a 400cc version, available here for a low price.

283075=12744-nc700s-1.jpg

Attached files
283075=12743-nc700s3.jpg

Oct 17, 2006
KZ the model I rode was basic manual roadster and looked very handsome indeed , I do hope Honda bring it into Thailand at a reasonable price as its an excellent motorcycle .
Its been aimed at Europe ans USA for sure but i thing it would sell well here .The Brits prefer the manual version the Germans, Dutch and Italiens have been buying the semi auto model in droves .

The Kawasaki W 800 is also selling really well in Europe and would be a great seller in Thailand as a retro Classic at 400k or so .

Dec 27, 2007
monsterman;283079 wrote: KZ the model I rode was basic manual roadster and looked very handsome indeed , I do hope Honda bring it into Thailand at a reasonable price as its an excellent motorcycle .
Its been aimed at Europe ans USA for sure but i thing it would sell well here .The Brits prefer the manual version the Germans, Dutch and Italiens have been buying the semi auto model in droves .

The Kawasaki W 800 is also selling really well in Europe and would be a great seller in Thailand as a retro Classic at 400k or so .
The porky 229kg (505 pound) overweight, underpowered NC700X and fugly Integra scooter are already being sold in Thailand for 451k baht and 487k baht respectively.

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
Wet weight is 215/218 kg according to most websites; a Moto Guzzi 750 doesn't have much more power and weighs almost the same, and the owners are happy.
Power to weight ratio is not always the yardstick to judge a motorcycle. In this case innovation and originality tilts the scales in favor of the NC series as sales figures show.
Fortunately there are lots of high-powered, light four-cylinder bikes on the market for those who need speed. But I'm glad that Honda also builds practical, interesting bikes for adult riders who have their "racing years" behind them and for beginners who are introduced to riding through sensible products, who wouldn't even think about riding if there were only Ninjas and Fireblades out there.
I agree that the Integra is ugly and that they're expensive here in TH, especially when the S sells for 5.800 Euro, the X for 6.300 Euro in Germany. Honda Germany has already put in an order for more in Japan, they're confident that the first shipment of 3.000 bikes is not enough for this year.

Nov 7, 2007
Whatever awards been given but i am not impressed by the price they wanna have for the bike here....and if i want to spend this amount of money i might think other options of very nice bikes which may be availablefor the same cash spent?

Jul 8, 2011
KZ25;284862 wrote: "The new Honda NC700X is versatile, economic and innovative."

Cycle World named the 700X "Best Standard 2012" - looks like I'm not the only who's impressed by the bike!

http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/popular_videos/best_standard__2012_honda_nc700x/

80 mpg are possible:

http://www.cycleworld.com/videos/popular_videos/honda_nc700x_challenge__1/
I also like the bike. Let's hope they will start producing/assembling them in Thailand because it's current price is a bit to high IMO.

Jul 8, 2011
TonyBKK;285642 wrote: And only 450k Baht (~US$15,000) in Thailand!! :lol-sign:
Crazy price indeed but the Thai NC700X comes with DCT which is an option that would cost an additional USD 2,000 in the US (I believe).

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
2000 bucks for the dual clutch transmission is serious money, but it's also quite an interesting piece of technology. It supposedly gives you a "sense of sporty, next-generation shifting".

Here's a colorful video clip on how the DCT works:
There are longer videos on the subject but this one shows you all you need to know .

Aug 23, 2012
The Fugly Integra is not fast, being heavy and underpowered.
But its not slow and its great fun to hustle around the curvies.

Dec 27, 2007
Xr Rider;297245 wrote: The Fugly Integra is not fast, being heavy and underpowered.
But its not slow and its great fun to hustle around the curvies.

Cool vid! :thumbup:

So, is the lead bike a Honda Integra? Looks like a fun fun road!

Seems to handle the curves just fine, and I imagine on a road like this, with all the speed bumps and hairpins, and going downhill, that you really wouldn't want or need more power, eh?

I've ridden the Cameron Highlands a couple times and loved it, but haven't yet been to Genting. Thanks for sharing!

Ride on!!

T

Jan 4, 2014
TonyBKK;285642 wrote: And only 450k Baht (~US$15,000) in Thailand!! :lol-sign:
Still more expensive than the US price but selling for 375K baht on Honda BigWing's site.

Dec 27, 2007
CraigBKK;298258 wrote: Still more expensive than the US price but selling for 375K baht on Honda BigWing's site.
Good to hear they've dropped the price! 375k is not a bad deal :)

Jan 4, 2014
I concur, although I did notice after posting that ABS are not fitted as standard but offered as an optional extra. Unsure how much that would increase the base price.

Oct 17, 2006
The NCX has been a big hit for Honda in Europe for , people who want an everyday bike , and the auto version is big seller too,and its cheap only 265k , The price drop in thailand is to clear old stock as NCX 750 is just released ,,,

but recently sales have taken a hit due to yamahas far more fun and even cheaper MT-07 which is creaming off sales from Kawasaki ER6 and suzuki and triumph too,,, yamaha cant make them fast enough in japan so another production line is starting in yamahas old plant in italy soon and yamaha have publicly stated another plant will make MT-07 , and MT -09 next year as they ramp up world production with this new models low production costs due to new yamaha assembly technology , India, brazil or thailand are likely sites .

Yamaha new production technology is a real killer App as it cuts production time by 28% due to new welding and pressing techniques unique to yamaha , added to new radical engine and chassis development that require 9% less parts and the assembly costs are drasticly reduced , meaning retail prices are low but profitability is UP.

yamaha have stolen a major lead on all the other manufactures with their big investment and research into new production systems , It will take other companies a few years to catch up ,,,,,

Oct 17, 2006
Dont get the idea that USA prices are cheaper then Europe ,, In Europe if a bike has a sticker price 0f £10,000 or euros thats the take away price including all taxes and delivery but not including finance charges etc ,,,,but in USA it is common practice to that sticker price say $10,000 does not include delivery cost usually another $350 , State and federal taxes often adding up to another 20% and other sundry preperation charges so price difference is maybe only 10% less than Europe if at all as many bikes in Europe can be had with up to 15% discounts and extras thrown in . also in USA uinless you ride an HD or Jap brand and live in a very major city nearest dealer may be several hours away .

thai prices are now coming into line with EU prices but perhaps after sales iservice s still a concern

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
monsterman;298281 wrote: Dont get the idea that USA prices are cheaper then Europe ,, In Europe if a bike has a sticker price 0f £10,000 or euros thats the take away price including all taxes and delivery but not including finance charges etc ,,,,but in USA it is common practice to that sticker price say $10,000 does not include delivery cost usually another $350 , State and federal taxes often adding up to another 20% and other sundry preperation charges so price difference is maybe only 10% less than Europe if at all as many bikes in Europe can be had with up to 15% discounts and extras thrown in . also in USA uinless you ride an HD or Jap brand and live in a very major city nearest dealer may be several hours away .

thai prices are now coming into line with EU prices but perhaps after sales iservice s still a concern
I don't know where you are getting your information about U.S. prices. There is no Federal Sales Tax. State taxes vary but average around 4%. In my experience, delivery cost is usually included in the sticker price on motorcycles. Also, competition and discounting between dealers is probably more than anywhere else, unless it is some rare or limited production item. As for the dealer network, I think that is pretty much the same in most countries. You are not going to find a wide dealer network for low volume brands.

State Rates

California, which raised its sales and income taxes through the initiative process last November, has the highest state-level rate at 7.5 percent. Five states tie for the second-highest statewide rate with 7 percent each: Indiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Tennessee.

The lowest non-zero statewide sales tax is in Colorado, with a rate of 2.9 percent. Seven states follow with 4 percent: Alabama, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, New York, South Dakota, and Wyoming.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-and-local-sales-tax-rates-2013

Jan 4, 2014
Spoke to one of the guys with Honda Big Bike at the Terminal 21 bike show this evening. I was asking specifically about the NC750X as it was showing in their price list (I took a price list to photograph and upload but left it in the restaurant after!)

The NC750X is listed at 375,000 retail, whereas the 700 is 355,000. I asked if they had begun selling the newer model yet and the reply was they have started taking orders. I asked regarded expected delivery dates and was told three months. Factoring in Thai time, the bikes should hopefully be on sale here sometime this year.

I asked if the price was for the DCT version and told yes. The salesman also said the bikes were Japanese spec and assembled in Japan, NOT THAILAND.

Jan 4, 2014
CraigBKK;298860 wrote: Spoke to one of the guys with Honda Big Bike at the Terminal 21 bike show this evening. I was asking specifically about the NC750X as it was showing in their price list (I took a price list to photograph and upload but left it in the restaurant after!)

The NC750X is listed at 375,000 retail, whereas the 700 is 355,000. I asked if they had begun selling the newer model yet and the reply was they have started taking orders. I asked regarded expected delivery dates and was told three months. Factoring in Thai time, the bikes should hopefully be on sale here sometime this year.

I asked if the price was for the DCT version and told yes. The salesman also said the bikes were Japanese spec and assembled in Japan, NOT THAILAND.
The Honda Bigbike website is now listing the NC750X on it's site, price as above.