2nd Class Insurance

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
For the guy with the Versys from Loei this morning asking me about extra 3rd party insurance today.

Mine costs 2,564 baht a year.This is what you get covered for

You can do it online via GTR here

https://www.gt-rider.com/motorcycles-in-thailand/motorcycle-insurance-cover

The contact
Chalach Mahachalalai (Oak)
[email protected]

Sales DirectorBSI BROKER (THAILAND) LIMITED
152 Chartered Square Building, 12A Floor, Room 12A-15B,
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

It's worth it.
You never know when something is going to happen & more than likely it won't be your fault.
Get hit from behind at the lights; get clipped & run into another vehicle - an expensive car - or hit someone else on another bike with no helmet.
Protect yourself as much as possible with the voluntary 3rd party bail bond insurance.
2,564 a year = 7 baht a day.

Jan 4, 2014
David, could you just clarify the insurance type you have shown in the second post. From my understanding, 2nd class insurance insures your bike again fire and theft but in the example there is no cover for this (middle column). Is it the 3rd class with the extra bail bond you have there?

Thanks.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
CraigBKK;303922 wrote: David, could you just clarify the insurance type you have shown in the second post. From my understanding, 2nd class insurance insures your bike again fire and theft but in the example there is no cover for this (middle column). Is it the 3rd class with the extra bail bond you have there?

Thanks.
Yep this is the 3rd class max with bail bond.
It worked well for me when I hit the gal on the Scooby 300 metres from my house.
The insurance took care of all her bills & I have absolutely no complaints about the insurance rep who came out to negotiate with the injured party & police.