33rd Bangkok Motor Show 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by mbox999, Mar 29, 2012.

1. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

As a brief comment...i found the BKK Motorfest actually better in terms of presence i missed Kunka ( KTM,MV Agusta) , SYM , Royal Enfield, Stella , Triumph ....at least i have not seen them . Need to point out that i only had just 2 hours there so i could have missed some .

The CRF250L was seen and i made some shots all around the bike
    [​IMG]
    ...umm yes you see that right , it has a slightly rusty chain :oops:
    [​IMG]
    Personally i think the CBR250R is better made compared to the CRF250L ..... which leads me to some of my favorite bikes today . That was actually the Yellow/black cbr250r ....really beautiful like that.
    [​IMG]
    But i also liked the Red Ninja 250 and of course the new ER6N is better looking with that new Frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kawasaki had also a KLX 250 displayed and it looks as if it was better made...also no rusty chain :)
    [​IMG]
    In the bigger Bikes my new Favorite is the FZ8N ...great looking Bike
    [​IMG]
    And the Adventure Scooter was simply amazing(its based on the new TTX scooter).
    [​IMG]

Tiger/Big Bull had nice chicks and the above posted bikes displayed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They still working on the F4-250 but it isn't too long until it can be had.
    I sat on one of the Streetbombers and it feels pretty comfy . The King Kong 48 is a nice designed Bike too ...with an interesting way how they put the mirrors.
    [​IMG]
    Stallion had a interesting selection displayed but in the end i got confused as many of them are just for show(not for sale)....but the Offroader which seems chinese does look not much different then the CRF250L ( at least the chain was not rusting) :)
    [​IMG]
    Ducati was there too and i know now that the 795 is too small for me :-(
    [​IMG]
    BMW had some of their usual Bikes there but also brought their Maxi Scooters....not sure the price though.
    [​IMG]
    I went through the cars too 'cause our triton becomes 5 years , and i like the Panamera :cool:
    [​IMG]
    Yamaha had a new Scooter there, it is called the TTX and i am not sure if i like the look of it...maybe my eye needs to get used to it first (although the adventure version looks nice)
    [​IMG]

Will post more info & details in this thread :http://tigersachsclub.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=848

mbox

2. Loading...

3. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

need to correct myself...that yellow/black Cbr is actually the CBR150R ( not the CBR250R)

4. Lucky_

Lucky_ New Member

Thanks for the photos.

5. NickyBKK

NickyBKK Ol'Timer

I believe that Tiger needs to upgrade their design studio. In most of their bikes I see elements which seem to be taken from other bikes.

Are they made in China? Or designed by Chinese who don't have a clue about copy right infringement?

6. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

Tigers bike are made & designed in Thailand.... you think tiger takes elements from other bikes? Have a look on the Filano rear here :) ( thats the rear from the Streetbomber)

[​IMG]

And which element was taken from other bikes on the f4-150? FYI Tiger used to make this formerly known Cagiva F4-150 in collaboration with Cagiva & MZ...i don't think anyone else is making this bike?

What i really trying to say .... there are so many copies running around that noone knows who copies who... Ryuka copied the Tiger Retro 110C which came a few years after Tiger launched the Retro 110C .... but the original design looks a Honda Cub ( but engine is a fourstroke 110C on the Tiger Retro vs the original Honda cub was a 2-stroke), which isn't produced anymore ( at least not here - nor available here)- ...but even slight variances let people claim to have their own thing... i find the Fino & Scoopy also quite "close" in terms of design ...

7. Bkk848SF

Bkk848SF Ol'Timer

Thanks for the update and pics

8. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

BMW..

A Car & what a car!

[​IMG]
    I'm not a car man but this is sensational & as sexy as.

BMW Bikes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 1200GS & F800GS both get my vote.

The BMW Dollies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DavidFL

Ducati

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DavidFL

Some PGs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Changnoi1

Changnoi1 Ol'Timer

David nice photos .... but did you notice there was a motor-show going on?

Chang Noi

12. Changnoi1

Changnoi1 Ol'Timer

Come on Mbox the Retro 110 is a 99,99% copy of the Honda Cup, you can even swap parts! And there were also other people making this copy. Probably has something to do we copy-rights that are more as 50 years old? Or do you believe Tiger has his own design & research development department 50 man working? But better copy a good design as make an bad design yourself.

For the rest new motorbikes & cars seem all to come from the same design studio. Sometimes really like there is a big design-studio in China that designs cars & bikes for different companies.

Chang Noi

13. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

changnoi, you probably didn't quite understand my post, i actally confirmed..the retro is a copy of the honda cub not sure if it is 99.9% though :)...as for swapping parts i dont know some fit some don't i was trying to fit one deco made for the cub and that bloody thing wouldnt fit . ...for sure the engine-parts cant be swapped :) .

14. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

changnoi, tiger does have designers on premises....umm you were at factory tour with us, weren't you?

15. NickyBKK

NickyBKK Ol'Timer

I like the little Tiger but you can't deny there is some copying going on.

Harley Davidson Forty-Eight

[​IMG]

Tiger Forty-Eight

[​IMG]

16. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

i like that one too, but its kinda small for me :) ....sure that too is a copied idea. copying ideas is happens a lot not only at tiger or big bull. thats why a vespa is to me very high regarded as a scooter, a fino or scoopy is just an attempt to make something like it, a copied idea.

by the way, big bull bikes is a own brand not owned by tiger... these bikes are made by tiger for big bull .

17. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

now that i mentioned vespa....in the limited time i was at the show i havent seen them i think on bangkok motorbike fest they werent either, i found the bmf more variety of motorbike brands

18. DavidFL

A few non bike shops

Dirt Shop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alloy Wheels

[​IMG]

Paddock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rider Helmets

[​IMG]

Kin's Leathers

[​IMG]

Kapma Motorcycle Parts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bikers Strong

[​IMG]
    Had an impressive range of bolt on bits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. DavidFL

Back to the bikes

HARLEY DAVIDSON....
    and true to form, they had the biggest bike display

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DavidFL

TIGER
    and an impressive display, but somewhat cramped in a small area = not easy to get satisfactory photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Tiger PGs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. DavidFL

Classic car club exhibition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Land Rover

[​IMG]
    classic name,

The Land Rover PGs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. DavidFL

The Stallion exhibition

[​IMG]
    and some interesting bikes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and I thought the one above was beautiful, although I'm not sure how long my **** could sit on the bike.

Stallion PGs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. DavidFL

Some good looking cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of different vehicles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and I thought was it good seeing these at the motor show?

a couple of different car PGs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mags wheels for your car

[​IMG]

24. ronwebb

ronwebb Ol'Timer

Where's the mag wheels?

25. KZ25

KZ25 Ol'Timer

Even better! That thing looks HOT!!! - Is it the new paint scheme or a blinged-out one-off? A lot of bike for what - 78K?

26. mbox999

mbox999 Ol'Timer

it's a one-off i think....but it visualises something which shouldn't be too difficult to make locally. will fit both cbr's 150 &250, makes them look a lot better without a lot of costs involved i think. and if yellow isnt your thing just try the same style in the color of your desire.