4th Annual Chiang Mai ToyRide Main Event- It's Here! Sunday 20 Feb.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
The 4th annual Chiang Mai ToyRide in aid of disadvantaged children is Feb 20. No admission charge: just bring along a new toy to warm a needy child’s heart.

The Chiang Mai ToyRide 2011 will meet at 9:45 am at the Tesco Lotus-Kamtieng, which is located on the Super Highway (Rte 11) just north of the city.

This year's route will be a 52km. ride of approximately one hour duration. It will parade through the heart of Chiang Mai and Thapae Gate. We will head south from town, then circle back and enjoy the mountain view as we head north along the Canal Rd. to the party at the X-Centre Zorb Ball site in Mae Rim. Enjoy an afternoon of games for the kids and music for the adults. Food and drinks may be purchased at the site from our sponsors; Miguel's Mexican Food, Euro Diner, Chiang Mai X-Centre.

All motorcyclists are invited to join the event whether their bikes are large or small. Also, for those attending, there is our "Best Decorated Bike" contest with prizes given. 10 bikes are selected at Tesco Lotus, and then voted on by the attendees at the event. Best decorated means the best decorated in a toy ride theme using toys or other items. Any motorcycle can win. It is about the decoration not the motorcycle. Use your imagination.

This year approximately 85 children (ages 4-12 yoa) will be in attendance from these organizations;

www.cosasia.org View a very heartwarming video here;

www.familycare.org/network/chiang-mai-family-services

Come join us; "Helping Children in Need"

More info on our website at www.chiangmaitoyride.com

Jul 18, 2009
Yes , a big round of applause to the organisers and helpers. It was another succesful event and most importantly the kids had a great afternoon. We enjoyed it also despite consuming a tad too much of that brown fizzy stuff ...

Jul 25, 2010
A great day out for all the kids, riders and all the folk who came along. Many thanks to the organizers, police, stall holders and the kids for making it a fun filled day.
A general selection of bikes...
web.jpg
web.jpg

web.jpg
web.jpg

web.jpg
web.jpg

web.jpg

Very helpful police..
web.jpg

and the main business of the day....
web.jpg
web.jpg

web.jpg
web.jpg

web.jpg

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Thanks to you guys for getting the photos up so quickly, and a special thank you to ALL who attended and contributed. I actually didn't get any photos myself (a little busy), so I hope you don't mind if I steal some of yours for future use.

bigal

Sep 7, 2009
here are a couple more photos

Sorry gone due to photo site revamp, will try to add later.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Congratulations. I was caught up in Laos, but it certainly looks like another successful & well appreciated Chiang Mai ToyRide event.
Thank you to all those who supported, participated & helped with the event.

If anyone else has photos of the event, please post them here on GT Rider, or email them to Dave "Silverhawk " Early.