A 'piston run-in' loop

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Well weather was marvellous today morning so decided to get the SRX some more kilometers on the new piston, didn't know where to go so first for a Brekkie at the Kafe and then just by coincidence remembered the 'Keetmut' run (Xmas) some years ago and decided to head to Mae Jo; not to Mae's Jo...........
Pott-pott-potted along the 1001 in direction of Phrao, must say landscape is beautiful, all in green, I liked it.
Just noticed some flooded flats, they must have had a hell of rain some 20 kms before Phrao as all ricefileds still flooded.....
Stopped at a bridge for my hourly cigarette......water's still plenty.....
x0022sm.jpg

After a short stop at the usual PTT in Phrao, continued on the 1150 and then turned into the 1346. Needed to take it a little slower than usual because of a) a new oversized piston and b) some potholes and lots of gravel on the roads, a leftover from heavy rains. Area around Ban Lom is still the same beautiful scenery as 2 or 3 years ago, can't remember.
x0023sm.jpg

Continued on the nice 1346, saw several small snakes on the roads but was as always too quick to stop for a foto.
Wind was quite strong today and on higher elevations also quite chilly.
Short before hitting the 107 near Pang Ma Kham had to have again my smoke, so got even 2 fotos.........
x0024sm.jpg

People working in the fields, everyone with a big smile as they actually don't have to sweat off their backs anymore......
x0025sm.jpg

From then on straight to the X-Center for some munchies and then via Samoeng back home.
All in all a very nice ride & day, never stressed the old Lady too much, so cruising between 90 and 110 but on some stretches hitting 150 for a short burst........ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tomorrow hopefully the weather will be as nice again so I can hit the road once again, cheers, Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
2wheels wrote: Isn't that one of the very best things about living here; great rides in every direction.
Well Ron, you are spot on with this !! Today also traffic was not that heavy, on the 1346 not more than 3 pick-up's, tomorrow might go in Phayao direction......see you on Wednesday, cheers, Franz