A Honda Sonic off road bike without license or registration

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
The asking price is 5,000 Baht but it needs some work. The question is, what would the Police do if they catch me riding it? Is it worth the risk? The location is Nan, a small town up North.

Chris

Nov 7, 2007
chris, i had plateless bikes in the past too...if you live in a small town you might as well ask the local BiB what they think about it.... i had asked them before over plateless bikes and never had issues , actually it is likely they don't give a toss anyways. Everybody knows everybody and i usually attend to local festivities to be known to people(it helps to be in good relation with people)...BiB out of cities are quite friendly and not to be compared with the BKK BiB .
Enjoy the dirtroads,

mbox

Nov 21, 2010
The question is why does it not have papers & plates? The only reason I can think of is that it is stolen.
A Honda Sonic should have papers & license.

Chang Noi

Nov 7, 2007
Changnoi1;274284 wrote: The question is why does it not have papers & plates? The only reason I can think of is that it is stolen.
A Honda Sonic should have papers & license.

Chang Noi
Actually, good point....since it was not a grey import it should have a green Book.
However if it was rebuilt of a few wrecked sonics than i would have other concerns .
I think it also depends where you ride it....if you do offroad riding i think noone would bother you. On public road this really depends on your local BiB , but then again i wouldn't get myself a 5000thb sonic offroad coversion without book to ride around on public roads ....

mbox

Jun 18, 2009
Captain_Slash;274291 wrote: I heard someone say that if you let the tax and insurance run out on your bike then after a certain time you need to get it re registered, I dont know if this is actually true or not but if it is then perhaps this is what happened

Had a Honda wave and never used it and after 3 years I had to re-register it new number plate and back tax cost about 800 baht!
Could well be why there is no plate but should have a green book as you have to send the plate back after 3 years my guess is it's probably stolen I heard they sell bikes lime this without plates and say they lost the green book!

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Captain_Slash;274291 wrote: I heard someone say that if you let the tax and insurance run out on your bike then after a certain time you need to get it re registered, I dont know if this is actually true or not but if it is then perhaps this is what happened
That seems to be the case! Thanks, Colin & MBOX! I have arranged for the local bike shop to check it out and quote a price to get it all sorted out

KZ25

Nov 19, 2011
Maybe you should run a check on the frame # first - if it's stolen and you buy it it may get confiscated.