a SHOCK= German shocker prices

Oct 17, 2006
Colin, you are wonderful and faster than anyone else with a conclusive answer! So I went full circle and I am happy that the offer of Captain Slash still stands.
I think I took up enough space here on the board. The rest we do by direct mail.

Thanks a million again to everybody who took an interest!
Pico

Oct 17, 2006
My apologies Alan, I didn't spell this out clearly. Yes Paul came back forthwith , he can supply 650 /500 GL 2003/4 shocks, he didn't know if they fit the 600. As Collin and now also the forum Silverwing600.com are saying, no they don't fit.

Thank you for staying on the ball!
Pico

Oct 17, 2006
Well, the Captain managed to get my rear shocks at long last and as a thank-you I invited him and BobS who had offered help too, for dinner at Dukes. I can't live without their sparerips. Collin was easily convinced.
After some more weeks Dr Joe scheduled the installation of the shocks. More had to be done= fine tuning my new HiT clucht, changing the belt, solving a light switch problem.
All was done. The new shocks almost caused me to look for silk cushions for the seat, so different was the feeling, so much firmer. Thanks Ian, he had pointed out the sogginess.
Yes, they were meant to be for my Silverwing. However, ridding up country to the GTR meeting in Chiang Saen the sidecar repeatedly scratched surface bumps badly. Not a charming noise, makes you feel rather vulnerable. Something is going on, I called Joe. He listened and said= I know what it is. The new rear shocks are 5 cm longer which makes the front of the side car actually tipping lower. We got to change the front mounting. My first reaction was= Oh no, not again.
I remembered that last time I was up at Chiang Khong I had to haul off the bike on a truck back to Chiang Mai because of a broken bike-sidecar connection.
I checked the damaged done so far, the noises had been the worst. Some of the shell had come off, but nothing serious.
I decided to pretend nothing had happened and just kept going the remaining 500 km choosing less bumpy parts of a road.
This is the END of this thread!