Africa Twin For Sale - NOW SOLD !!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2005
So have we worked out what year model this bike really is?
Is it an import which had been made up with diffirent year parts?
And what's your best price now Johno?

Best wishes.

Jun 21, 2006
I have only advertised it for a friend, and my friend has said he has had some silly offers already but would loose too much if sold at the prices offered.

I intend going to see the bike again, try and see if I can see engine capacity and make a note of engine and chasis numbers, perhaps I might have a better idea of year. Have 2 guys living near by with AT's so perhaps can check out their chassis/engine numbers

as they say in the adverts.... 'will get back to you'

Harry

Jan 1, 2004
Its a 750cc engine (All Africa Twins from 1990-2003 are equipped with this engine....) Due to the colour it's a 1990 or 1991 model - I'm sure 100%.

Harry

Jun 21, 2006
my local bike mechanic just happened to have an Africa twin engine completely stripped down, so was able to check out where the engine size is stamped. It is on the forward facing cylinder, facing forward directly under the water inlet.

So off I go this arvo to the shop where the A.T. is on show, to check engine size etc. When I got there, alas no A.T. The shop has sold the bike, for 250,000 baht - so now we will never know. This price will obviously make the owner selling happy, as he had paid 280,000 baht for bike last year.

Thanks everyone for all your input, didn;t realise the amount of interest the bike generated, and was interesting to read how some of you were so definite about the model/year, even though there was a large variation between years.