All those who've had Suzuki Djebel's.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I've diligently searched the net numerous times, but cannot find a answer...only others posting the same question:

The Djebel has an electronic speedo, mileage and trip info...
BUT...how do you reset the trip info and clock time???
I understand a separate booklet comes with a new Djebel providing instructions...in Japanese. I neither have the booklet nor read Japanese!

If someone can provide a detailed answer (what keys to push) I'd
post the info onto others.

thx...

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
It took me a while to figure it out also. It is a lot like using a multifunction wristwatch. After I got it working I found a workshop manual and it has a section on setting the meter.

Here is copy from the manual, minus illustrations. The manual is almost more confusing but I think if you look at the steps at the same time you play with the meter you can figure it out;

With each press of the MODE TRIP button, the display changes between tripmeter A, tripmeter B, and the odometer (total miles). The cursor/underline indicates that the setting can be changed.

With each press of the MODE TIME button, the display changes between the clock, the stopwatch and the timer.

NOTE:
Do not press more than one button at a time.

Tripmeter:

Press TRIP to switch between A & B

Press TIME/trip to change from addition subtraction mode. The plus/minus will scroll through the numbers.

Press the SET TRIP button to reset the selected tripmeter.

CLOCK

Hold down the MODE TIME button for 3 seconds. The setting that is flashing can be changed (Use the time button to switch). Use the plus/minus button to set.

Press the TIME button to return to normal display.

TIMER

Press TIME button. The setting that is flashing can be changed. Use the TIME/TRIP button to change from hrs-min-sec. Use plus/minus to set the time that will countdown from. Finish entering settings and press TRIP. Use the TIME/TRIP button start/stop. Hold the TIME/TRIP button for 3 seconds to reset to zero.

Good Luck!

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
SilverHawkUSA....
Thank you very much!!

I'd previously used 5 different search engines seeking to get
an answer...and encountered at least a dozen Djebel owners having posted the same 'how do you..'question. But...no replies!