Anyone going to Laos in April???

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
I have to go to Singapore some time in April for work (not sure when yet)...

I am thinking of trying to scam a side trip to CM on the side if I can...

Reading Silverhawk's trip report for Laos soooooo makes me want to go, and go now before it changes even more...

I am hoping that the trip doesn't line up with Songkran, but other than that, is anyone interested in a quick jump across the border for a few days??? I am guessing I will have to hire a bike in Laos, because it would be too hard to take a hire bike across the border...

Anyone? anyone? Pikey? B&T?

Cheers,
Daewoo

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Yes, definitely be up for it on 2 conditions:

1) you can go after about 17th April

2) It's a road trip as I'll have to take the Bonnie (assuming it's plate has come by then)

If you were planning an offroad trip then I'll have to decline as I have a perfectly good XR440 to fall off here and it doesn't have a book/plate!

Cheers,

Pikey.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Well that is good news...

It all depends on work of course, and it could on;y be for a couple of days... I have only just started, so I don't want to push too hard, and don't have any recreation leave built up yet...

I think it is the start of April that I have to go, not sure... figured if it is early in the week I could work out of Singapore until the weeekend, do the dash to Laos or CM Friday afternoon, spend a couple of days looking around, and fly our Sunday, or something like that...

I'll update you when I know what is going on...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
I am keen if the dates are right...i.e. 2nd or 3wk April looks good.
I might wanna rent a bike from CNX :)

End April, I am organising a ride to Chumpon for the May1 hols Bike week...

ta.
joko

Oct 12, 2005
Greetings,

For top fun We really need Pikey on his XR!!!

He's the only guy I've met that crashes more than I :D .

I'll be back in CNX the first week of April so Darryl keep me abreast of your timeframe. It won't take much effort to convince me to run into Laos.

I figure Sunday night Darryl might be battling a flu bug and cannot board for the flight out :wink: .

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
BignTall wrote:
I figure Sunday night Darryl might be battling a flu bug and cannot board for the flight out :wink: .
I had a mate who was returning to work in Melbourne from Thailand, and convinced his boss that he needed to be quaranteened, and couldn't go into the office for a week because of SARS... of course, the then extended his trip by a week and went straight to the office from the airport 7 days later :lol:

Still waiting to find out my dates for Singapore... Does Tiger or anyone fly direct to Laos??? I will only be able to sneak in a few days...

Cheers,
Daewoo