Around the moat: Chang Puak Gate

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - Road Trip Reports' started by DavidFL, Nov 11, 2010.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

It's starting to build up for the annual Loy Krathong / Yee Peng lantern festival...

and there's a few illuminated floats at Chang Puak gate on the north side of town.

Check 'em out at night now before the festival starts & you should get some gorgeous colourful photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:wave:

Chiang Mai's 2010 Yee Peng Lantern / Loy Krathong festival is on 20-21-22 November 2010.

2. Loading...

3. Ally

Ally Ol'Timer

Nice

:clap:

Ally

4. David Learmonth

David Learmonth Ol'Timer

Should be up on 17th & 18th next week. Look forward to seeing them! :happy3:

5. Deano747

Deano747 Ol'Timer

Silly question I guess, being floats, are they going to move around the city during the festival, or stay at Chang Puak Gate. I will be in town for the Saturday and Sunday (20th and 21st) and would love to see them.

6. LivinLOS

LivinLOS Ol'Timer

Looks amazing..

If all best laid plans of mice and men work out.. and I manage a one go non stop from Phuket (that doesnt sound like much fun) I should be up there in time for a northern LK this year.

7. DavidFL

Good luck. That's one hell of a long boring ride, especially non-stop. What bike will you be riding up?

8. DavidFL

SUAN DOK GATE, the West Gate
    and not as nice as Chang Puak gate, the north gate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jaeng Khu Rueng -the south-west corner of the moat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thapae Gate, the east gate. And a few lanterns.....but it was breezy, so no great snaps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

:yawn: Good night.

9. LivinLOS

LivinLOS Ol'Timer

Good luck. That's one hell of a long boring ride, especially non-stop. What bike will you be riding up?
    No thats too much of a bun burner for me.. Esp as a 1 dayer.

Bike is coming in the shippers truck.. I will be driving.. the 19th (or early hours of 20th likely) I will be CM's newest resident :)

10. Ally

Ally Ol'Timer

Following the leader ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The tungsten light setting comes into good use ;)

Ally