Back from Laos

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Guys,

We are back from Laos.. A big thank you to David and others that helped us with questions before leaving.. Also, a special thank you to Franz for assisting us with bike accommodation before our trip. much appreciated.

We had a really fantastic time.. The Ninja's did OK most of the time.. Just the tricky bits were from Houi Xai and the road leading to Pakmong.. detailed info on these in previous posts.. After this the roads in general were as expected with the occasional rough patches.. But we will be looking at second bikes for Laos and other off road / rough roading.. Open to suggestions. Prefer to keep the cost under 200k baht, second hand in good condition is an option.. other wise it is a KLX I guess. just don't like the 250cc for the long rides on highways.

Below is a link to a clip I put on Youtube.. crossing from Vientiane to Nong Khai.

The first window is where you sort out you departure.. Guess they have the bike in the system as they didn't want the green paper back and said it was all done and we could leave.. Thailand park the bikes and run between two booths and you are done.. If you look closely the customs guy even gives me a little wave :)

Will post some more links once i have edited the stuff from the ride to Phonsavan along the highways..

cheers
Brian