Bad fuel in Rayong area beware

Oct 17, 2006
yes its happening yet again , last year i had a tank of bad fuel at PTT in Rayong ,i had to flush my bike and change the filters , I have been hearing similar reports again from other riders in the Rayong area , yesterday i stopped at a Chevron station in rayong and yes i got a bad tankful , on emptying my tank today the fuel is a nasty brown colour ,I have flushed my bike and put in another expensive ducati fuel filter refilled the tank in pattaya and its OK .

so watch out when refilling in Rayong city area.

Aug 7, 2003
Sorry, but you did check the colour when filling up ? Once again can any one say how to check the fuel ie. colour/quality/octane/RON when filling up? My nose is not quite up to sniffing out 95 compared to 91. There has to be a way. Maybe the pint sample bottle as suggeted before might be the way to go!

Oct 17, 2006
Its not the wrong fuel Harry its was Brown and full of sludge and smells more like paint than petrol.

It seems that several station s in the rayoong area have this problem i am hearing problems from other people with cars and Pickups.

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
That's unacceptable! Chevron had a worse year than 2008, but still, made billions of Dollars. Someone should reimburse you for that and - more importantly - others need to be warned.

Oct 17, 2006
Its not only chevron its PTT, Esso and Lemon Green that have the problem,its only in one small area too, shell seems not affected ,and its been going on for some time ,it could be a ground water pollution problem with the tanks says Simon at Mataphut laboratories.