Big Bike New Plates

Jul 17, 2005
Have been reading previous postings re new plates and availability of them and am now utterly confused.
The forum seems to indicate they are not available but dealers are quoting sums like 70k for one,can anybody enlighten me on the situation at this time.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ozzydom
Unless you've been here for "a considerable while" & know the system inside out / people involved, the only person I would trust to buy a bike & get a plate is Peter Reid at Siam Superbike.
As you rightly say it is "utterly confusing" & there are a lot of serious bullshitters out there claiming they can get bikes registered for silly money, but at the end of the day you might just end up with a fake or recycled book & a bike that can only be registered in Bkk & is non-transferable to Chiang Mai. Be warned, that the officials in Cnx are extremely strict & will not pass or register anything remotely dodgy at all. I have good experience of this the last few months, but cannot go into details for obvious reasons (besides some of the vultures on this board would only be happy to pounce on the cranky old GT Rider himself, given half a chance).
Now if you’re in Cnx & want to meet up for a chat & a beer (whisky) be at the Local Pub on Soi 9 Moon Muang Rd, for Sundays Japanese MotoGP & I could tell you a bit more. The only pre-condition is that the “check bin” is on you.

Last but not least how come we dont see any road & trip reports from you yet? Can you pls contribute something other than requests for info?

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ozzydom
Correction, this Sunday 11th Sept looks like it is F1 & the Belgian GP. 7.00pm at The Local.
MotoGP Japan is Sunday 18th Sept & looks like a delayed telecast at 11.00 pm.
Please yourself.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Jul 17, 2005
Thanks David, will take you up on that invite,My little Honda Bros isnt really suited to touring,unless you reckon the road from Hang Dong to Lotus would make for an interesting trip report but I will certainly contribute after I get some touring wheels under me.
Dom (Grow Old Disgracefully)