Bike Paper to get out of Thailand in to Laos

Mar 30, 2010
Hi All,

last minute trip planned for southern Laos when I get back from Singapore on Tuesday.

Can anyone please update on the paper work I need to take with me to get the bike out of Thailand

As far as I am aware:-

Green Book (No loan, in my name)
Licence
Passport

Anything missing?
Insurance etc on the other side.

Thanks in advance

Brian

Dec 27, 2007
Hey Brian,
You may want to run down to the Land Transport Office (Morchit) to get your Green Book officially translated into English. Not 100% sure if Laos requires this- I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm either way. I think the main reason this is required is to translate the Thai characters on your license plate. Have a great trip!
Tony

Mar 30, 2010
TonyBKK wrote: Hey Brian,
You may want to run down to the Land Transport Office (Morchit) to get your Green Book officially translated into English. Not 100% sure if Laos requires this- I'm sure someone will chime in to confirm either way. I think the main reason this is required is to translate the Thai characters on your license plate. Have a great trip!
Tony
Thanks Tony,

Other than the Green Book and the translation.. Nothing else is reqiured?
Look back through the forum and it talked about ITP's being redundant.. and some registration certificate.. Any ideas on the later?

Thanks again
Brian

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Hey Brian.

Look back through the forum and it talked about ITP's being redundant.. and some registration certificate.. Any ideas on the later?
Ive only ever needed my green book.

You also need a passport photo, and a photo copys of your passbook, and first page of green book.

Rex