BMW F650 GS 2001, Red Sold

Jan 16, 2008
Nothing is wrong here..FFS!
Stop seeing ghosts, youve been staying in Thailand too long LOL

I think my mistake has been not to write "Sold, Pending Funds"...When he offered 250k to me.

He still hasnt replied to my deposit request...
If I havent received a reply about the deposit being transferred by Monday(Then he has had 9 days to get it sorted or at least reply to me), its back to for grabs for 200k. First come, first served.

Just a question, where did the below 200k thing come from?
Ive always said to people on the phone or in person, that I wont sell below 200k....

Im just curious, maybe that was what I didnt understand about dom.rep.johns post earlier.
I never said 150k to dom.rep.john.
I said to him on the phone, if he offered me 250k, it would be his and I would throw in the external tanks for him too.. He then sent me 2 SMSs that for 150k, he could be on a plane or a bus the next day or two...
As I said, I wont sell below 200k..

As to not replying to repeated questions:
Stubzis first email hasnt gotten through to me somehow. (Gmail spamfolder perhaps?)

Im not online all the time, this is why my cell phone and email address was included and I asked people to contact me there.
I can get calls and check email on my iPhone, all the time. Internet browsing is a drag on it tho.

Nov 7, 2007
hi maybe i am misreading this...but you offered your bike with panniers for 200000 thb...right?
Later you sold your panniers and now the bike is still 200000 thb?Thats now the same bike as before but without these Panniers?
Am i understanding this right or do i miss something?
If i understood correctly, the price of the Bike should be lower since part of the "package" has been taken out and sold.

happy trails,

mbox

Jan 16, 2008
You're missing something. Actually I think you might not be the only one in this thread.

I had TWO (2) sets of panniers...

One (1) set of TouraTech Zega Panniers. These can be seen in the pictures I have posted...These come with the bike.

And a SECOND (2) set of Original BMW System panniers, that the bike had on it, when I bought it. These were sold last year to PSS. This was when my asking price was 300-350k..

I have stated several times, that the bike comes with panniers..
I quote from my edited first post, after I re listed the bike and the SECOND set of BMW System cases were sold to PSS:

Lightemup wrote:
1 set of TouraTech Zega Panniers with inner bags.

I quote from another of my posts:
Lightemup wrote: Posted: 05.02.2010, 22:18

Here is a total parts list that comes with the bike:

TouraTech:
41 Liter TT-Zega Panniers with mounts(Has a dent in one pannier, not a real problem)

Lightemup wrote: Posted: 06.02.2010, 02:42

I sold my second set of panniers, the BMW system cases, to PSS several months ago, when I put it up for sale at first, he can also feel free to make any comment on this sale he wants.

The original post (post 1) in this thread has been edited several times, for instance, my pics weren't showing first time around..I corrected some spelling errors and when I took it down and when I re listed it and when it got a little bit more mileage on it, so on and so forth..
I just used the post number 1 when I re listed it, instead of making a new one and people could see what they got in the first post of the thread.
I suspect that this, maybe, has caused some misunderstanding among you folks..

There is a writing on the bottom part of the first post, that says the original post has been edited.

Let me just clearly state here:
What you see in post 1, is what you get if you buy it
That plus a box of parts and external tanks, that hasn't been fitted to the bike yet.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask them.
(I will make a mental note to check this forum each day from now on)

Cheers !

Keld

Nov 7, 2007
Lightemup wrote: You're missing something. Actually I think you might not be the only one in this thread.

I had TWO (2) sets of panniers...

One (1) set of TouraTech Zega Panniers. These can be seen in the pictures I have posted...These come with the bike.

And a SECOND (2) set of Original BMW System panniers, that the bike had on it, when I bought it. These were sold last year to PSS. This was when my asking price was 300-350k..

I have stated several times, that the bike comes with panniers..
I quote from my edited first post, after I re listed the bike and the SECOND set of BMW System cases were sold to PSS:

[quote quote=Lightemup]
1 set of TouraTech Zega Panniers with inner bags.

Lightemup wrote: Posted: 05.02.2010, 22:18

Here is a total parts list that comes with the bike:

TouraTech:
41 Liter TT-Zega Panniers with mounts(Has a dent in one pannier, not a real problem)

Lightemup wrote: Posted: 06.02.2010, 02:42

I sold my second set of panniers, the BMW system cases, to PSS several months ago, when I put it up for sale at first, he can also feel free to make any comment on this sale he wants.

The original post (post 1) in this thread has been edited several times, for instance, my pics weren't showing first time around..I corrected some spelling errors and when I took it down and when I re listed it and when it got a little bit more mileage on it, so on and so forth..
I just used the post number 1 when I re listed it, instead of making a new one and people could see what they got in the first post of the thread.
I suspect that this, maybe, has caused some misunderstanding among you folks..

There is a writing on the bottom part of the first post, that says the original post has been edited.

Let me just clearly state here:
What you see in post 1, is what you get if you buy it
That plus a box of parts and external tanks, that hasn't been fitted to the bike yet.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask them.
(I will make a mental note to check this forum each day from now on)

Cheers !

Keld
Hi Keld,

Thanks for the update and this made it clear to understand....but to be honest this sales thread was turned into something else due to the "new price" ....also, instead of "editing" the first post i would have re-posted the whole again as how the thread went it was easy to loose track of what's available and for what price which may shed the wrong light on this.
Personally i think the price of 200000 thb for the bike with the panniers is fairly decent,

happy trails,

mbox

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Howdy Keld,

I still don't see the - posted twice - "price lowered" evidence. Less than 200,000 as the price is said to be "lowered" which means reduced. Am looking for something below THB 200,000. Wonna see your own two posts about that?

<>

On a general note, the Thai used bike market has clearly yet to adjust to a new reality due to a new Er6n costing only ~ 40,000 more including insurance and bike tax. Anyone with 200,000 cash has choices. Me, I like a warranty, brand new tires and the knowledge to be the one who is breaking her in. Good luck selling your enduro!

Nov 7, 2007
hs0zfe wrote: Howdy Keld,

I still don't see the - posted twice - "price lowered" evidence. Less than 200,000 as the price is said to be "lowered" which means reduced. Am looking for something below THB 200,000. Wonna see your own two posts about that?

<>

On a general note, the Thai used bike market has clearly yet to adjust to a new reality due to a new Er6n costing only ~ 40,000 more including insurance and bike tax. Anyone with 200,000 cash has choices. Me, I like a warranty, brand new tires and the knowledge to be the one who is breaking her in. Good luck selling your enduro!
Sorry hsOzfe I have to disagree.....if you think this bike is just an enduro than you are wrong. Nor is it a Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda or Harley. it is a BMW with german engineering equipped with an Austrian rotax engine ( thats the same maufacturer who supplied some of the Buell bikes) . And as you may know there is some top engineering, craftmanship & quality behind all that. if you don't value that, than go japanese and don't buy german but assuming that you know the german quality very well, i think you know whats different.
From my point of view the 200000 thb are justified...(lets forget about the 2500000 thb though).
But keeping pissing on that guy (keld- no, i am not affiliated with him at all) for that little error over pricing i find wrong&exaggerated and has better place at some Visa Forum but not on a Bikers Forum such as gt-rider,

happy trails,

mbox

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
hs0zfe wrote: Howdy Keld,

As Keld mentioned earlier he has edited his original post in which he asked 350,000 Baht or Nearest Offer. As the original post is no longer there you may have a look at the following post https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... html#37060 (relevant part copied below)

Posted: 06 Sep 2009 13:50
Im ready to part with my F650GS, but would be asking 350.000 Baht or best offer.
But you would get a great bike at a great price ready for some serious adventure riding, with or without your missus on the back.

I will get some pics up in the for sale forum in a couple of hours.

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks Auke for providing that link, Id forgotten all about that post myself.

And I concur to what mbox99 said about the German engineering quality, they do make excellent bikes (and cars for that matter...)

imd8ta

Jul 1, 2009
Something is wrong here and I would ask you to honor your own price or remove the ad. i wouldn't want to deal with someone who plays such games, including intentionally overlooking repeated questions.
Well said. I made a legitimate offer and was ready and willing to fly from Chiang Rai to Phuket for the bike, but was told another "best offer" actually raised the price above the asking price :? and I was not willing to get into a bidding war.... with the seller :roll:

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
gys, read the thread and note the seller's promise to l o w e r the price. That might be by a small amount, but i'm missing this part. Talk the talk, walk the walk!
MBOX, go on, camouflage a bad education (math issues - agreed, it is fiendishly complicated to understand the difference between 200 grand and amount lesser than that) with foul language. In some biker film, outlaws were releaving themselves on fellow riders' vests. There seems to bhe some deep meaning to "pissing"?

Nov 7, 2007
hs0zfe wrote: gys, read the thread and note the seller's promise to l o w e r the price. That might be by a small amount, but i'm missing this part. Talk the talk, walk the walk!
MBOX, go on, camouflage a bad education (math issues - agreed, it is fiendishly complicated to understand the difference between 200 grand and amount lesser than that) with foul language. In some biker film, outlaws were releaving themselves on fellow riders' vests. There seems to bhe some deep meaning to "pissing"?
This feels like the "ajarn section" of some other forum where other's being blamed for bad education....i would never say something like this if i don't know the person(nor their background).

Thank you for updating us on what pissing means...it is also called urinating :)

I still say the 200.000 THB is a good price for this bike...if you don't like it don't buy it. Life is really that simple. Or would you have bought it ,if it was 195.000 thb? Most of things in life are negotiable....that starts from a Job's salary to the bike you buy...if you don't do it , pay the higher price for not negotiating.

Happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Lightemup wrote: Bike is "Sold, pending funds" to Jay from Pattaya.

(For 200.000 for the inquiring minds)
congrats on selling it. Hope you get the money this time.
mbox

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
mbox999 wrote: congrats on selling it. Hope you get the money this time. mbox
No problem...a deposit has been transferred and the balance will be paid when I get to Phuket, hopefully later this week.

Months ago, in my hunt for a bike suitable for off-road and larger engine than my 250 Djebel, Franz suggested I get an F650GS.
I was hesitant as my research indicated they are a hassle for performing basic tasks, like oil changes,
much less setting the valves. I spent a futile year looking for a way to get Suzuki DR650SE, but to no avail.

So, I'll soon be riding back to Pattaya on a BMW, which hopefully will not worsen the butt calluses that I've gotten from the Djebel saddle :shock:

Jan 16, 2008
hs0zfe wrote: gys, read the thread and note the seller's promise to l o w e r the price. That might be by a small amount, but i'm missing this part. Talk the talk, walk the walk!
I don't get into arguments on the internet....

Regarding education: Maybe you should learn to run a spell checker before posting and blabbing off about bad education of others. :roll:

Have fun, guys...Its been....
Wait for it....
Educational(?)

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Congrats cdrw!
At least you find your "baby"!

And don't worry about the: "they are a hassle for performing basic tasks, like oil changes, much less setting the valves"! IMHO, not really true: there are some "specificities" (?), but nothing about "hassles"... You will just have to learn to (easily) practice a bit differently :wink:

Good luck!
Gobs

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Jay, congrats to your new bike, you will like it !!! Craig-EBC got his black one from John Godding who got it from me. Biggest mistake ever to sell it.... :? . Don't worry about your butt, rode that one several times Bowin/Chonburi to CNX and back without any pains. And me is a heavy fella..... :wink: . Just get used to the oiltank positioned where usually the petrol tank is and while changing the oil you will need to drain this one too. Just some Allen bolts and fairing parts to be removed. Just take your time and get a repairmanual either from Bucheli CH or Haynes UK. That will open pandora's box for 'selfservice'..... :lol: . Have fun riding your new baby......cheers, Franz

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Thanks, Gobs and Franz.

Franz wrote: .....Just take your time and get a repairmanual either from Bucheli CH or Haynes UK. .....cheers, Franz
Franz...manuals are not a problem...the Internet has always been my friend.
I just d/l'ed a file that contains BMW's 'Rider's manuals' for all of their various bike models from the 650-1200cc, plus the factory F650GS manual.
Anyone need a manual?

Once I get to Phuket, meet Lightemup and get the bike. I'll just do one minor wheel modification to the bike, as I've never ridden anything bigger than my 250cc, and then journey back to Pattaya: 8)
wheels1.jpg

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

If talking about a manual, I would need the manual for the BMW 1200GS Adventure model 2009. I bought a brand new one at the local BKK representative last year but the support documentation is poor.

Just tell me if you could have it under an electronic format or how to get it back.

Thanks in advance.

Keep on the Power, as David says

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Azoulay wrote: ...If talking about a manual, I would need the manual for the BMW 1200GS Adventure model 2009.
Azoulay....
As I don't know if David allows posting of links to torrents, so I've sent you a PM.
The file contains BMW Motorrad's "Rider's Manuals". In part the file includes the Rider's Manuals for many of the 1200 variations...including the K-1200 GT, LT, R, RSport, GS, GS-Adv and R-1200 GS, GS-ADV, R, and S. All for model year 2008. The files can be read with "Adobe Reader".

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
cdrw wrote: [quote quote=Azoulay]...If talking about a manual, I would need the manual for the BMW 1200GS Adventure model 2009.
Azoulay....
As I don't know if David allows posting of links to torrents, so I've sent you a PM.
The file contains BMW Motorrad's "Rider's Manuals". In part the file includes the Rider's Manuals for many of the 1200 variations...including the K-1200 GT, LT, R, RSport, GS, GS-Adv and R-1200 GS, GS-ADV, R, and S. All for model year 2008. The files can be read with "Adobe Reader".
Guysm

Manuals for many bikes been already posted here in few times but here is BMW's again
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/bmw-manuals-t5990.html

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
'CDRW' Jay, got the bike already ?? How did the ride go from HKT to Pattaya ?? How's the feel of riding this bigger one ? Did you sell the Djebel250 already ? Cheers, Franz

Oct 17, 2006
CDRW ...I hope you will be happy with the BMW its a great bike .Easy to service once you learn its foibles.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Franz wrote: 'CDRW' Jay, got the bike already ?? How did the ride go from HKT to Pattaya ?? How's the feel of riding this bigger one ? Did you sell the Djebel250 already ? Cheers, Franz
Yep, arrived last night, loved the power and ride, plus those extra training wheels really worked wonders 8)
I'll post a trip report of sorts, as it will mostly be my meandering thoughts and also mention a few 'incidents'.
I'll probably keep the Djebel...that BMW is TOO heavy for me to use in the dirt!

Now, how many cases or kegs of Marzen, Grosser, Stiegel, Ottakrinker Gold and Old Whisky beer do I need to bribe you to indoctrinate me to becoming a BMW backyard mechanic? :D