Border ride

Nov 21, 2008
Marco wrote: [quote quote=Rhodie]Marco how's the planning for your F.A.T.T. tour progressing?

If you are concerned about the South of Thailand,
just set up a Google Alert for Southern Thailand.
This will give you daily news on what is happening
& better than anything you can readilly get in print here.

Rhodie

Im on Norwegian Fjords at the moment,,(Olden today) got urgent call to replacement, but back in home by End of August and No im not worried abt south, that is in my plan...as soon im back will continue planing and will do the ride
Marco,are you realy in Norway at the moment driving ?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Nuwatmat

No,, im working on one of the luxury cruise ship and that day we where in Olden-Norway and that time there was a lot of guys riding up to North Norway,, i just chit chat with them,, man are the bikes expensive in norway,,,FJR, if he said corretly to me is about 18K US almost similar price than Thailand

Nov 21, 2008
Marco wrote: Nuwatmat

No,, im working on one of the luxury cruise ship and that day we where in Olden-Norway and that time there was a lot of guys riding up to North Norway,, i just chit chat with them,, man are the bikes expensive in norway,,,FJR, if he said corretly to me is about 18K US almost similar price than Thailand
Yes,i payed 50000 dollar for k1200gt last year full option,payed 40k for k1200r,
little less for the gs,payed 30k for the ktm superduke this year.
in comparison i payed little over 35000 dollar for 5 er6n in thailand.
i drove up to north norway last summer,took the coast boat one way,beautifull trip.
If you are close to oslo one day please give me a signal and we can have a beer.
stig

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Stig

In Oslo we are 27th Aug, in Kungens havn 9am-2300hrs

also doing Olden, Satvanger bergen,Flåm and Ålesund

that is last time we are anywhere close to Oslo as we are heading to Scotland after 14th Sep from Bergen

send me a mail and i give you my office mail.

I cant take a beer but coffee would be ok. :wink:

Jun 1, 2008
pikey wrote: Marco,

If this comes off, you could do a couple of things to make it even more worthwhile:

1. Raise sponsorship for a good cause such as the Chiang Mai Toy Ride charities - I'd donate 25 satang/KM.

2. Post your itinery and invite GT-Riders to join you on various legs whilst you pass thru their locale.

Just a thought..... ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.
Marco

I will match Pikeys pledge (assuming I know what a satang is worth ;)

I will add a bonus 1000 baht if you pose on your bike butt naked at the top of Doi Inthanon :twisted: :lol: :lol: A suitable positioned petrol tank should retain your Finnish dignity

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
tonykiwi wrote: [quote quote=pikey]Marco,

If this comes off, you could do a couple of things to make it even more worthwhile:

1. Raise sponsorship for a good cause such as the Chiang Mai Toy Ride charities - I'd donate 25 satang/KM.

2. Post your itinery and invite GT-Riders to join you on various legs whilst you pass thru their locale.

Just a thought..... ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.
Marco

I will match Pikeys pledge (assuming I know what a satang is worth ;)

I will add a bonus 1000 baht if you pose on your bike butt naked at the top of Doi Inthanon :twisted: :lol: :lol: A suitable positioned petrol tank should retain your Finnish dignity
Becarfull what you wish for(Clint Eastwood use to say so) :twisted:
Im sure Dougal has something to say to your request as well,,,

Question; Do the Finns has thing called DIGNITY...LoL

if im gonna do that who is gonna bail me out from Jail,,,

but i think it would not be suitable to post in here as we have younger generation readers as well...

Any other ideas??

Jun 1, 2008
Marco

You do have a point and on second thoughts, the idea of naked Viking on a bike which is almost a truck is not such a good idea.:shock:

Ok, pledge is changed

I increase my pledge by 1000 baht if you DO NOT pose butt naked on your bike at the top of Doi Inthanon

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
tonykiwi wrote: Marco

You do have a point and on second thoughts, the idea of naked Viking on a bike which is almost a truck is not such a good idea.

Ok, pledge is changed

I increase my pledge by 1000 baht if you DO NOT pose butt naked on your bike at the top of Doi Inthanon
Deal, who can resist FREE money :lol:

but like said earlier,, im stucked in this small ship now until 8th October,so i would assume the ride will commence maybe begining of Nov or so,,,have to wait and see, bufor sure i will be doing it.

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
OMG!!!! .....................Sorry, just recovered.

No worries, it was only a rather overwhelming panic attack.
I'm calm now and the 2 secretaries who nearly fainted when I screamed are being attended to with smelling salts.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Tonykiwi!!!!!!! For changing your pledge!

I'd write more but I'm still a little shaky....................................

Jun 1, 2008
Dougal wrote: Thank you, thank you, thank you Tonykiwi!!!!!!! For changing your pledge!
The pleasure is all mine. I did not realise how close this came to a 'near death' type of experience. I'll be more careful in future.

On a serious note, Pikey is right on the money with this. Why let an opportunity to leverage off Marcos ride for a good cause go by without taking advantage. I would love to see a few more pledges placed for Marcos marathon ride.

How about it folks?

Feb 13, 2009
Hi Everyone Well we are going to do a Charity Motorbike Ride Around Thailand covering about 5000KM check out our web site let me know what you think
Link removed
Rebecca