Bringing a Bike into Thailand?

kurisu

Feb 14, 2008
I can't seem to figure out what the procedure is for temporarily bringing your own bike into Thailand from Cambodia. Is it really hard to do and expensive? If anyone knows I'd be eternally grateful if they could fill me in. Any info would be awesome.

I plan on riding something about 200cc or smaller. Want to go from Cambodia to Thailand and then through Malaysia if possible. Also, any info on bringing your bike across China/VN borders, VN/Camb borders would also be great.

Cheers,
Chris
S Korea

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
kurisu wrote: I can't seem to figure out what the procedure is for temporarily bringing your own bike into Thailand from Cambodia. Is it really hard to do and expensive? If anyone knows I'd be eternally grateful if they could fill me in. Any info would be awesome.

I plan on riding something about 200cc or smaller. Want to go from Cambodia to Thailand and then through Malaysia if possible. Also, any info on bringing your bike across China/VN borders, VN/Camb borders would also be great.

Cheers,
Chris
S Korea
G'Day Chris,

There is quite detailed info about this on the main page of the GT-Rider website...

Have a read of the info there, and then come back with more specific questions, because the answers that you ask for here could fill an encyclopedia...

Cheers,
Daewoo