BSA B31 1949 restoration project for sale

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy and Sell' started by ianyonok, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

There is a classic BSA 350 available up in Mae Sai needing some TLC. It's been for sale for some time now and the price is going down. It was at a silly price but has now come down to 75,000 Baht. I have enough old bikes, otherwise I'd offer 50,000 Baht and I'm sure the seller would go for it. The tinware is in very good condition and this is the hard stuff to find. Engine parts are available online. Needs a magneto I believe. It's from a great era this, rigid frame but with tele forks, these bikes have such nice lines, curvy tank shape with brass badges. It's sad to see this bike sitting and waiting for attention and would be wonderful to see someone here take this project on and get it running again. It's pretty well complete and correct for the year.

This is what it should look like.

If anyone is interested, I can supply more details.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - BSA B31 1949
    1. ianyonok
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. siinthai
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Glynn0

Glynn0 Member

Hi not sure as think old advert?

do you still have?
    as looking for old bsa to restore

glynn
    ph 0808306624

QUOTE=ianyonok;281740]There is a classic BSA 350 available up in Mae Sai needing some TLC. It's been for sale for some time now and the price is going down. It was at a silly price but has now come down to 75,000 Baht. I have enough old bikes, otherwise I'd offer 50,000 Baht and I'm sure the seller would go for it. The tinware is in very good condition and this is the hard stuff to find. Engine parts are available online. Needs a magneto I believe. It's from a great era this, rigid frame but with tele forks, these bikes have such nice lines, curvy tank shape with brass badges. It's sad to see this bike sitting and waiting for attention and would be wonderful to see someone here take this project on and get it running again. It's pretty well complete and correct for the year.

This is what it should look like.

If anyone is interested, I can supply more details.[/QUOTE]

4. Glynn0

Glynn0 Member

Hi Ian
    thanks for call,
    l will be in touch as soon as l am back off rig,
    be good see what old bike are around..
    glynn0
    The Old Bike Cafe'
    Kanchanaburi

5. Glynn0

Glynn0 Member

hi buddy

you still around, l been very busy work, on oil rig, and mu daughter been very sick. had take to Australia Children Hospital in Melbourne.. all ok now... thank Buddha.. you know if B31 still around??

6. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

Yep, as far as I know, still for sale.
    Ian

7. Glynn0

Glynn0 Member

Ok,
    cool as l thinking, your right, as l check around, and all guy in my club say the same,, gather no papers,, around 50 000baht. About right price...

question did l see you we're looking at royal Indy. In Thailand??

Glynn0

8. Glynn0

Glynn0 Member

Hi

so does one get in contact, about bike, ??

9. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

If you send me a private message, I can give you more details

Ian

10. Franz

Franz Ol'Timer

Now that would be worth a restoration effort but as so many times, obviously no book/plate as dumped somewhere for years......what a pity. Rgds, FR

11. chrisbinbkk

chrisbinbkk New Member

Hi Ian maybe too late but would you know if that old Bezza is still around? many thanks
    Chris

12. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

Yes, pretty sure the bike is still waiting for a buyer.

13. chrisbinbkk

chrisbinbkk New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Ian - how can I get some more details without putting you out? I would make a trip up there to look if I knew a bit more cost and % complete parts as just from the pictures I can see side plates off etc,...(that can be a worry to find) but if he's got a box with all those bits an pecies in then would be for a nice project!!!

Thanks for any info you can give me
    Chris

14. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

Chris,
    The timing cover has been removed to get the magneto off. I'm sure the cover will be there, but if not, they are easily available on ebay (one available right now). There were 120,000 M20s made for the war effort. The B31 was also made in large quantity so 90% of parts are available for these machines.
    For more info you can PM me.
    Ian

15. chrisbinbkk

chrisbinbkk New Member

Thanks Ian as I am new to this site I really do not see the way to pm u?

I can view your profile and that's about it.

Thanks for your help
    Chris

16. ianyonok

ianyonok Ol'Timer

Top of page here; Private messages, Send new message.