BSA B31 1949 restoration project for sale

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
There is a classic BSA 350 available up in Mae Sai needing some TLC. It's been for sale for some time now and the price is going down. It was at a silly price but has now come down to 75,000 Baht. I have enough old bikes, otherwise I'd offer 50,000 Baht and I'm sure the seller would go for it. The tinware is in very good condition and this is the hard stuff to find. Engine parts are available online. Needs a magneto I believe. It's from a great era this, rigid frame but with tele forks, these bikes have such nice lines, curvy tank shape with brass badges. It's sad to see this bike sitting and waiting for attention and would be wonderful to see someone here take this project on and get it running again. It's pretty well complete and correct for the year.

This is what it should look like.

If anyone is interested, I can supply more details.

Glynn0

Jan 19, 2013
Hi not sure as think old advert?

do you still have?
as looking for old bsa to restore

glynn
ph 0808306624

QUOTE=ianyonok;281740]There is a classic BSA 350 available up in Mae Sai needing some TLC. It's been for sale for some time now and the price is going down. It was at a silly price but has now come down to 75,000 Baht. I have enough old bikes, otherwise I'd offer 50,000 Baht and I'm sure the seller would go for it. The tinware is in very good condition and this is the hard stuff to find. Engine parts are available online. Needs a magneto I believe. It's from a great era this, rigid frame but with tele forks, these bikes have such nice lines, curvy tank shape with brass badges. It's sad to see this bike sitting and waiting for attention and would be wonderful to see someone here take this project on and get it running again. It's pretty well complete and correct for the year.

This is what it should look like.

If anyone is interested, I can supply more details.[/QUOTE]

Glynn0

Jan 19, 2013
Hi Ian
thanks for call,
l will be in touch as soon as l am back off rig,
be good see what old bike are around..
glynn0
The Old Bike Cafe'
Kanchanaburi

Glynn0

Jan 19, 2013
hi buddy

you still around, l been very busy work, on oil rig, and mu daughter been very sick. had take to Australia Children Hospital in Melbourne.. all ok now... thank Buddha.. you know if B31 still around??

Glynn0

Jan 19, 2013
Ok,
cool as l thinking, your right, as l check around, and all guy in my club say the same,, gather no papers,, around 50 000baht. About right price...

question did l see you we're looking at royal Indy. In Thailand??

Glynn0

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Now that would be worth a restoration effort but as so many times, obviously no book/plate as dumped somewhere for years......what a pity. Rgds, FR

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
chrisbinbkk;293904 wrote: Hi Ian maybe too late but would you know if that old Bezza is still around? many thanks
Chris
Yes, pretty sure the bike is still waiting for a buyer.

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply Ian - how can I get some more details without putting you out? I would make a trip up there to look if I knew a bit more cost and % complete parts as just from the pictures I can see side plates off etc,...(that can be a worry to find) but if he's got a box with all those bits an pecies in then would be for a nice project!!!

Thanks for any info you can give me
Chris

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
Chris,
The timing cover has been removed to get the magneto off. I'm sure the cover will be there, but if not, they are easily available on ebay (one available right now). There were 120,000 M20s made for the war effort. The B31 was also made in large quantity so 90% of parts are available for these machines.
For more info you can PM me.
Ian

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks Ian as I am new to this site I really do not see the way to pm u?

I can view your profile and that's about it.

Thanks for your help
Chris