Cambodia Fuel

P

plsclickme

Hi,

Just wondering is it easy to get RON95 in Cambodia?

We are planning to ride to Cambodia later this year.

Thank you so much in advance.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Caltex has 95 octane - Caltex Gold
Total use to have it, but now I think, but not sure, that they only offer a 95 bio fuel.
Not sure about the independent stations. Many roadside shops, all over Cambodia,
offer gas in liter bottles. Some actually have 95RON, and some will tell you it's 95RON...
FWIW - gas is expensive in Cambodia.

Mar 11, 2008
Is it easy to see between regular fuels and ethanol fuels ??

Is there a cambodian term for normal non ethanol ?? Or a color ??

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
LivinLOS;271960 wrote: Is it easy to see between regular fuels and ethanol fuels ??
Is there a cambodian term for normal non ethanol ?? Or a color ??

Roadside fuel, in the villages, can be a gamble, even if you knew the Khmer word for 'benzene' (I don't).
You cannot be certain, if it's benzene or ethanol, by the fuel's color. They may tell you it's what you want just to save face.
OTOH, I use on 91-octane and have bought liter bottle fuel (or at least they said it was 91-octane?) in many villages w/out a problem.

Jun 28, 2010
As a guess i would go with the yellow colour same as LOS until i found out for sure.

SR..

2.1292854207.gas-station-fuel-color-choices.jpg

shadow

Jun 27, 2007
Whatever you do don't buy fuel from these roadside stalls. It is lets say extended with other alcohols, paint thinners or paraffin oils. There are large petrol stations at regular intervals throughout Cambodia.