Cambodia Fuel

Discussion in 'Cambodia - General Discussion Forum' started by plsclickme, Sep 27, 2011.

1. plsclickme

plsclickme Guest

Hi,

Just wondering is it easy to get RON95 in Cambodia?

We are planning to ride to Cambodia later this year.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Loading...

3. cdrw

cdrw Ol'Timer

Caltex has 95 octane - Caltex Gold
    Total use to have it, but now I think, but not sure, that they only offer a 95 bio fuel.
    Not sure about the independent stations. Many roadside shops, all over Cambodia,
    offer gas in liter bottles. Some actually have 95RON, and some will tell you it's 95RON...
    FWIW - gas is expensive in Cambodia.

4. plsclickme

plsclickme Guest

Thanks cdrw for the info.

5. LivinLOS

LivinLOS Ol'Timer

Is it easy to see between regular fuels and ethanol fuels ??

Is there a cambodian term for normal non ethanol ?? Or a color ??

6. cdrw

cdrw Ol'Timer

Roadside fuel, in the villages, can be a gamble, even if you knew the Khmer word for 'benzene' (I don't).
    You cannot be certain, if it's benzene or ethanol, by the fuel's color. They may tell you it's what you want just to save face.
    OTOH, I use on 91-octane and have bought liter bottle fuel (or at least they said it was 91-octane?) in many villages w/out a problem.

7. LivinLOS

LivinLOS Ol'Timer

Bummer.. So Cambo doesnt color the fuel types to show whats what ??

8. Cruising

Cruising Ol'Timer

As a guess i would go with the yellow colour same as LOS until i found out for sure.

SR..

[​IMG]

9. shadow

shadow Ol'Timer

Whatever you do don't buy fuel from these roadside stalls. It is lets say extended with other alcohols, paint thinners or paraffin oils. There are large petrol stations at regular intervals throughout Cambodia.