Caution!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
stubzi wrote: Here's another reminder for caution on the road!

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=8327
Sad to read this kind of accidents, and lucky to hear that man is doing well.

BUT there might be lesson to learn here as well.
when talking to phone while on the bike, on should step away from the bike so all traffic can be sceen,, ow many of us doing so??? i know i dont, but i think i will looking in to that faulte of mine,

Thanx Stubzi(Austrian?) for sharing this with us.

Jul 6, 2004
Man, that's realy bad luck, just goes to show you, you can do all the right things and still get nailed by an idiot. The stealing of his phone is abit rude.
Just be careful out there wether its Thailand or your own country.

stubzi

May 10, 2009
Marco wrote: [quote quote=stubzi]Here's another reminder for caution on the road!

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?id=8327
Sad to read this kind of accidents, and lucky to hear that man is doing well.

BUT there might be lesson to learn here as well.
when talking to phone while on the bike, on should step away from the bike so all traffic can be sceen,, ow many of us doing so??? i know i dont, but i think i will looking in to that faulte of mine,

Thanx Stubzi(Austrian?) for sharing this with us.
Marco,

I'm a Brit, the Stubzi is a nick name derived from my surname.

cheers,
Dave

Jul 9, 2009
"a passerby who witnessed the accident used the victim’s cellphone to call for help – before pocketing the device and fleeing the scene."

Karma wise the guy is good to go, the good deed cancels out the stealing of the cell phone.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
lotuseater wrote: "a passerby who witnessed the accident used the victim’s cellphone to call for help – before pocketing the device and fleeing the scene."

Karma wise the guy is good to go, the good deed cancels out the stealing of the cell phone.
Hmmm,,Intresting,, so if we expolore little bit of this,,not that i belive Karma,but IF i would plan to steal some ones 20Milthb car,but before doing that i would personlally inform police and the owner(with out letting them know who i am) and then get the car, that would be ok as well??? :wink:

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
The poor guy lost his foot and everybody talks about loosing his phone...
This happened to a friend of mine: Every evening he would come down a country road, slow down, turn on the signal and pull into his restaurant his wife runs. He's Swiss, he does it every time, like clockwork. One evening he just turned right when he was hit - by a drunk, speeding, without headlights on! He said he turned his head but didn't see or hear a thing. Witnesses in the restaurant said the thai tried to pass him, speeding, and hit him without breaking. I don't want to go into the damage done to his body, years later he still is not the same.
But: the police told him: "You turned too quick." - !
So if you're signaling a right turn and someone comes speeding up behind you, tries to overtake you on the right instead of on the left, the thai police can still find fault with you.
He had to pay all the hospital bills and even for the damage done to the drunk plus his vehicle. Or he could have gone to court.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Sad really he should have went to court, having to pay on top of all that is insult to injury.

Life is fragile

Hope the guy fully recovers and can move on with his life