Coming back to C.M.

jake

Feb 23, 2003
I will be downtown fri night and Sat/Sun out and about on the bike - give me a call - you will know it's me by the sound of my 'trolly thumper'(300cc single)

Feb 20, 2003
Oh Stan, Stan. Hanging out in Bangkok with my friend Serge the first day I arrived means I know exactly what you are talking about getting stuck in Bangkok. You poor men- you don't stand a chance against these Thai women. They act subservient but they run the show. I love it.

David- if you hurry home if you'll meet me. 5-7 days is about how long I will be around in and out of CM. But as you know, plans always change.

Cheers all,
Pam

Cheers

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Pamela, thanks for reply.
It looks like it will be touch & go if we meet, but i hope we do.
I like your correct observation about sweet Thai women, I reckon the same goes for Lao gals as well.
Anyway if we meet I trust you'll have adapted to the local culture & assume a subservient role?
I hope the expat biker guys in Chiang Mai dont give you a hard time & you enjoy your stay in the North of Thailand.
If you want to drop by the Rim Viang restaurant on the west (inside) of the moat & say hello to Meow, my girlfriend singer, who works there. The food is cheap & excellent Thai, & Meow has a fantastic voice, singing in English & Thai. Meow also speaks fluent English.
See ya soon I hope.

Davidfl
Keep the power on

Feb 6, 2003
Pam: Arrived today, Sat 4pm and am at TopNorth G/H. I'm in room G16. Will be walking 'round town tonight and having bkfst at Bier Stube tomorrow am about 8 or 8:30. Hope your in town.

Feb 6, 2003
PAM:
Ok see you at 7:30 @ KAFFE then we go to Night Market. How 'bout going over to the other end of town and hear Meow sing Thai songs? Maybe sample some of the food as well.
Stan

Feb 6, 2003
StanPlan:
Rideoutof CM on Thur am toMaeHongSon and continuing south eventually backto CM on Mon or Tue for onenight [maybetwo] then out to Nan on a 5 day jaunt returning to CMat some point aroundthe 21st or22nd.
[All plans of course subject to change]

Feb 20, 2003
HI Stan,

I love Pai and have decided to stay another day, so I guess I'll miss you. Maybe you will pass me going the other way tomorrow afternoon? Good luck on your trip. Stay safe.

Did you find your buddy with your Thai road atlas?

Pam

Cheers

Feb 6, 2003
Pam:
glad you like it up there and that you arrived safe - better than bus, yes? and i did find my local mate with the atlas and so i guess he will be on the back as i take off on the 5 day to MaeHong Son. sorry will miss you but I'l look for a female honda Dream coming at me from the other direction.

You can't buy any Mahler cd's because I have them all.

Feb 20, 2003
STAN! The Honda Dream was a secret. My plan was to make everyone think I was still on the XR! I'm kidding- the CM grapevine gave me away long ago I'm sure. But seriously, David talked me into taking the Dream because I really didn't feel like riding that road on the big bike by myself and it worked out great. But the gearing threw me right off a couple of times- down to gear up, up to gear down. A fun ride though. Watch out for cows tomorrow.

Pam

Cheers

Feb 6, 2003
Greetings All:
Hey Pam; good running into you on the road in the opposite direction. Will be in Pai until tomorrow and have decided to press on to MHS inspite of the hard-tail and resultant hard-butt. Once the road curves straighten out a bit south of MHS the ride will be easier on this clunker but I still plan to cut it short of intended route and exchange bike in CM on Tuesday and then head out to Nan. I can get to Sukhothai on my return to Thailand in November.

Well, if I don't see you have a goodie on the rest of your trip. Keep me and the board informed though ok? You may want to start a new topic as this thread is 3 pages now.

jake

Feb 23, 2003
Seems nice and quite round at my house I wonder why Pam, any ideas? Have a good trip and I hope you Cambodia gives you a fun time, it usually does!
Stan you went to MHS and back on bike with a rigid back end? By you've got spirt my granpa would be proud of ya. Hope the numbness leaves ya arse soon. I once went to Gib (sth sp.) from York on my granpa's 1936 M20, arse was numb for a couple of months. It took forever getting down there as I had to keep stopping to tighten the girder forks as they kept rattling lose, me granpa told me thats why he had no teeth by the age of 28, he'd had 7 kids though so must of rattled something the right way.

Feb 6, 2003
MHS; Sunday 8pm
Still here nursing arse. Will proceed south tomorrow as far as my arse will allow and will get back to CM in a few days in order to exchange for softer bike. This hog is heavy, stiff, and bad on the curves. Rear break pedal flange hits pavement on right leans.
Having a good time anyway.

jake

Feb 23, 2003
What you ridding Stan ? Should know better at your age, then again some ladies like a ferm arse ?? Rip the foot pegs off and use the pillion pegs, makes scrathing a lot more interesting.

Feb 6, 2003
Tuesday 16:00; ChiangMai
I'm back after the ride from Mae Sarieng. Exchanging the Honda 400 twin heavy clutsy hard stiff no fun bike tomorrow and then taking off to Nan. Will come by the bar tonight sometime 'round 8 or 9.
The only thing I like about this bike is the sound.

Got smacked at low speed this afternoon from a young girl passing me on the left as I was turning left...she said it was my fault [?] nothing serious.

jake

Feb 23, 2003
Try Mr.Jags 4x4 Honda the red one has the super pipe on, gives the effect of being on a Massy Fergi (tractor). The 2x4oo sounds a little like too much hard work. XLR250 has got to be one of the best bikes for a bit of solo scratching. It takes a brave man to scratch the foot pegs on one of those !

Feb 20, 2003
Hi guys, just checking in.

I am in Ventiane fast-forwarding to Siam Reap tomorrow by plane. Trying to get Angkor in and still leave enough time to get to the beach but I have now less than a week.

Jake, I knew that you would miss having me underfoot...

Stan, be careful!

Cheers guys,
Pam

Feb 6, 2003
Dateline: Nan Saturday 10:00

Good ride around the north oop from here yesterday. Took off from CM Thur on a Honda Steed w/comfy seat and enough power. Much improvement over that clunker I had. Heading out later today to Payao via minor road [map not w/me at present]. Enjoying Nan but no girly-bars for me here as I am worn out from last two towns and running out of Baht.

Back in CM on 24th afternoon for one night. Flight out to BKK on 25 Mar, then USA.