converting CRF250 Motard to dirt bike

Feb 15, 2013
Have recently bought a CRF250ME (Motard).
Thinking a set of dirt tyres / wheels sitting in shed ready to bolt on gives flexibility to do some serious off-road rides on occasions.
Differences so far noted -

Front end -
Motard are 310mm dia and dirt approx 260mm. The bigger diameter disc uses a different caliper.
Thinking to buy dirt wheel and fit motard disc to it and should be a straight bolt-off bolt-on deal.
Thoughts, brains trust, appreciated.

Rear end -
Apart from a spring pad part number difference which I cannot find different on bike - rear caliper and disc are same for both models.
Sprocket - The motard has 39 teeth and dirt wheel 40 teeth.
Q -
If I fit the dirt sprocket (40 teeth) on the rim will the chain still fit, OR, is it easier to put a 39 tooth rear (Motard) on the dirt rim and have a dirt set-up 2.6% taller?

Sidestand - Am aware the bike would lean over more when on stand so thinking a removable pad for when in dirt mode.

Will be visiting CM for 2014 SE Asia Horizons Unlimited meeting - Friday 10th January, 2014 arriving a few days earlier and staying a week or 3.
Am also on the hunt for luggage options - throw over bags and/or top box and general bling availability.

All comments appreciated.
Ian