Curing the drying out of your mistress whilst you're away.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by BignTall, Dec 25, 2009.

  1. BignTall

    BignTall Ol'Timer

    Sadly its that time of year. Always with a heavy heart I leave back to the states to indulge in a little skiing and visiting with friends and family. Bloody tears me apart because the weather is so great for riding now :cry: . I fear the rotting and drying out of my mistresses special parts :shock: . Can't have that. Anyway what I am wondering is does Thailand have gas stabilization products available? Fluid you generally add to your gas tank, run the bike for awhile to get the carb filled with the treated gas, then store the bike. Its supposed to keep the gas from turning into a mess and gumming up your carb or FI.

    I worry about simply draining the carbs on my bikes and having the 0-rings and gaskets dry out. Storage time will be about three months.

    Thanks gents.
  2. Franz

    Franz Ol'Timer

    Hi Justin, have a great time back home in the US!! Concerning the petrol, I don't know, never needed it as I'm never away from my bikes more than a week..... :lol: . Concerning your missus, I'm sure she will come up with some idea.... :oops: :? :wink: .......555555. Have a good trip. Cheers, Franz
  3. daewoo

    daewoo Ol'Timer


    Maybe the solution is to just give Luke access to you missus while you are gone.

    With so many rides of his own to cater to, and the difficulty having more than one ride simultaneously, I am sure he could keep the important parts wet without wearing it out.

    I am sure if would treat it just like he would if it was his own.

    Glad I could help,
  4. BignTall

    BignTall Ol'Timer

    Apparently Daewoo you've known an ex GF of Lukes by the sounds of things. Such is the disadvantage of youths' over exuberance and lack of proper experience.

    That's what concerns me.

    Franz thanks for the well wishes :D .
  5. ajahnlau

    ajahnlau Active Member

    I fill up the bike when I leave for 6mos. every year. The wife starts it every couple weeks and lets it run for maybe 10mins. Works great on the HD.
  6. Tubber

    Tubber Ol'Timer

    I would just fill up the tank. I work for 2 or 3 months and when I come back I never have any problems. Start first time and run well.
  7. monsterman

    monsterman Ol'Timer

    When I go away for a while i fill up the tank with Shell 95 V power ..not Gasohol and its always OK
  8. feejer

    feejer Ol'Timer

    What you are looking for is Sta-bil fuel additive. Probably no way to bring over from the US in baggage as its flammable, but I'm sure you could ship some over. But surely it or an equivalent must be available in Thailand at any auto or powersports supply store. I think I even saw it in the hardware store in Nan across the street from the Devaraj.
  9. scotty007

    scotty007 Ol'Timer

    You can fill the tank with Shell V-Power and make sure you run some through the carb or FI, or buy a octane booster, such as the one sold at the Esso gas stations, personally I think the Shell V-Power is the way to go.

Share This Page