D Tracker/KLX 250 Owners Thread

Jul 20, 2013
heilong;301353 wrote: Visit a gas station right after you see your fuel light come on, and see how much you can fill up in the tank. When I did that, the reserve by my calculations was about 2.5l.
So in theory you can expect 75-80km on reserve, but in practice when the fuel gets really low the bike can't go full throttle, maybe not all of the fuel is easily accessible by the fuel pump.

Lucky you - on my KLX I'm only getting 130-140km before the fuel light comes on. And for safety I plan my reserve as another 50-60km (respectively).
When I started doing tours on my VTR I did the old trick of strapping a small fuel tank to pillion seat and riding to when fuel light came on - zeroed out trip and continued riding until engine stops - you know exactly (aside from slight variation due to riding speed) how many miles / km you have on reserve. This saved me on occasion as France on a Sunday is a real problem - manned petrol stations are generally closed and un manned ones only take French cards - nice bit of European Union there. The other tip I was given but never used was to pack a roasting baster (tube with rubber bulb) as you can usually find another biker who will let you suck up enough to get to a petrol station.

Dec 27, 2007
John Aero;301354 wrote: The other tip I was given but never used was to pack a roasting baster (tube with rubber bulb) as you can usually find another biker who will let you suck up enough to get to a petrol station.
^ Ha! That's a good one! On backcountry trips I usually carry a couple feet of extra fuel line. In addition to replacing busted fuel lines it can be used as a tourniquet (no experience with that thankfully!) and also to siphon gas if needed.

Dec 27, 2007
heilong;301353 wrote: Visit a gas station right after you see your fuel light come on, and see how much you can fill up in the tank. When I did that, the reserve by my calculations was about 2.5l.
So in theory you can expect 75-80km on reserve, but in practice when the fuel gets really low the bike can't go full throttle, maybe not all of the fuel is easily accessible by the fuel pump.

Lucky you - on my KLX I'm only getting 130-140km before the fuel light comes on. And for safety I plan my reserve as another 50-60km (respectively).
Might the big difference in range have to do with the fact that the KLX is geared much lower than the D-Tracker?

Sep 20, 2014
Hi I know this is slightly off topic but I just bought a new d tracker 150
i am having a hard time finding after market parts as I'm unsure what to look for what parts will fit this bike parts for klx 140 or klx 140l or klx 250 I'm having a hard time getting my head around it could someone please help...???

also what stock mods have people done I know an exhaust is first thing as it's heavily restricted but I have read about airbox mods and then rejecting ??? Please help

Matt

imagex

Mar 4, 2015
Where can I get Dtracker 250 tail tidy in either bkk or Chiang Mai?

Also what is this upgrading the rel rake lines at dirt shop. What does this do and why is it good?

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
imagex;304335 wrote: Where can I get Dtracker 250 tail tidy in either bkk or Chiang Mai?

Also what is this upgrading the rel rake lines at dirt shop. What does this do and why is it good?
You maybe able to get a tail tidy at Sompong Charoen Yon Chiang Mai they seem to have just about everything in there.

Sompong Charoen Yon details here.
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/33066-Chiang-Mai-Motorcycle-Shops/page2

Not sure about your second question.

Apr 3, 2011
Looking for a low mileage KLX 250 cylinder, folks! Mine is worn out. Got new piston and rings 5000 km ago, but the c-to-p clearance and rings end gaps are over spec. Bike's running ok, but it burns 1 l of oil between oil changes (every 3000 km).

Nov 3, 2009
Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted information and photos regarding improving the performance of a D Tracker or KLX. Can anyone advise if the FMF pipes are available in Thailand now, or is it still the case they have to be sourced OS?

imagex

Mar 4, 2015
Does anyone know where I can get side racks (preferable detachable.. if not non removavble will do aswell).

I have side bags but need racks to stop them touching exhaust / something to tie on to.

Looking to find in Chiang Mai or Bangkok.

Let me know urgently as its for a songkran trip! Cheers

Jul 20, 2013
imagex;304660 wrote: Does anyone know where I can get side racks (preferable detachable.. if not non removavble will do aswell).

I have side bags but need racks to stop them touching exhaust / something to tie on to.

Looking to find in Chiang Mai or Bangkok.

Let me know urgently as its for a songkran trip! Cheers
They have lots of racks at Sompong Charoen Yon 172-174 Chiang Moi road, Chiang Mai. See this GTR link https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/33066-Chiang-Mai-Motorcycle-Shops

Jan 4, 2014
Jackblack;304591 wrote: Firstly thanks to everyone who has posted information and photos regarding improving the performance of a D Tracker or KLX. Can anyone advise if the FMF pipes are available in Thailand now, or is it still the case they have to be sourced OS?
I'm waiting on the Q4 Hex FMF pipe for my CRF. TNT in Fang sell them. You could ask them about the models for Kawasaki bikes.

Jan 4, 2014
Jackblack;304709 wrote: Thanks Craig - I've been able to find one in Pattaya.
May I ask the contact details? Would be good to know another stockist of the FMF much closer to home :smile1:

Dec 4, 2012
Just bought some Mag Alloys for me KLX and am wondering what tyre sizes the Tracker owners are running?

Want to go bigger than standard 130 but worried about chain clearance.

Dec 4, 2012
11838740_10205911290955160_1142474291425484454_o_zpsfusonavj.jpg

New rims