D-Tracker tires

Nov 2, 2008
Played this morning on the side roads to Samoeng and made some discoveries; the rubber foot peg covers got to go, front forks are kinda bouncy in the ruts, I shouldn’t be playing like this on my own, and where the slicks are nice on dry dirt and rock, wet clay is truly slick without teeth in the rubber. An uphill section with a leaky irrigation pipe made forward progress impossible. It started to rain lightly and so worried headed back immediately thinking it would suck to be stuck in the bush if the rains came heavily.

Knobbies would certainly pay for themselves in those situations.

IMGP2445.jpg

Fun day though, 142 km just playing between Hang Dong and Samoeng; the odd splash was perfect way to beat the heat. D-Tracker front brakes get very grabby after a application of clay too. Wish I could remember the name of the villiage with a 10 km dirt road leading in, fun stuff also.

Attachments

• IMGP2445.jpg
    IMGP2445.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 109
Nov 2, 2008
IMGP1879.jpg

A short way down the road, past the two turns down hill to the left, and where the road branchs either way a couple of trails lead down to the falls. We had a nice swim there this March. Following what appeared to ber KLX tires several km's along that ridge today, but the raindrops stopped me from pressing further.

Where does the left fork lead, it appears well traveled?

Attachments

• IMGP1879.jpg
    IMGP1879.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 115
Nov 2, 2008
2wheels wrote: That's where the tyres became clogged and spun endlessly and I became over-heated!
Maybe we can re-visit together some time (after Water Wars of course)?
You or the bike? A re-tour of the trail would be great!

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I seriously doubt that a D-Tracker would go 160km/h - my VTR250's V-Twin has more power and is built for speed, revving up to 12000rpm. Top speed is 150km/h on its speedo which may not be right. So I doubt that a single cylinder 250 would be able to push the bike in top gear to 160km/h. It's also besides the point - a dirt bike or supermoto is not built for speed, that's where the Ninja comes in.
If I'd have a Tracker I would put top street tires on it and not go into the dirt since it is a street bike. I'd put dual sport tires on a KLX but I wouldn't on a Tracker.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hello all!

If it were me, IMHO, for a D-Tracker, maybe I should just change the front rim with a 19" one, and then set a good dual-purpose tyre... Many "up-to-date" trail bikes come brand new with this "new" front rim size. OK, maybe you "lose" the Motard-style, and don't get the full Off-Road-style, but you could get the middle-range-style... Meaning a not so bad handling On and Off-road...
With this set of rims/tyres, I guess you can drive easily on tarmac as well on tracks, unless you expect to race...
And I do like the Trailmax design!

Only my 2 satangs...

Cheers
Gobs

PS: Bad experience in 3G, hey cm-das? Surely, you are not the only one... or the last one! :mrgreen: