Daewoo's 07 Trip - Ride Report 2 - Chaing Rai to Chiang Mai

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Well, when I woke, I was in my room which was a start…

We had stayed in the Siam Hotel right near the clock tower in Th Phahonyothin (can’t understand why that doesn’t pass spell check).

TJ had suggested this place, as he’d had bad experiences trying to get back to the Nimrod (real name Nimseeseng) at stumps on a previous trip…

The good part was that you were able to park the bikes inside, behind a security gate, and the staff sleep right there at the reception area… the bad part was, it was pretty bad… after I had a shower (no towel, cause I am on the bike) I wasn’t willing to dry myself with the bedsheet, as I wasn’t sure it had ever been washed… I opted instead for the T-Shirt I had been sweating through all day…

Pikey took the bedsheet option, but instead of taking it off the bed, just rolled around on the bed until dry… an image I didn’t need thank you very much…

The Nimbat does seem much better value, at 350THB (as opposed to 200THB at the Siam), but has the problem of getting about late at night.

Marcus and I had slurred together some tentative plans the night before whilst locked inside a closed Gogo bar to ride back together, but when I messaged him from breakfast, he was still asleep…

Marcus and Luke had shacked up in the Red Rose Hotel, a ‘love hotel’ in the truest Japanese style… Luke was beating himself in a boxing ring, and Marcus was all at sea in the ‘nautical’ theme room… despite the guys being outnumbered by the girls about 2-1 when I left, it appears that Marcus was a captain without a crew after all…

After meeting up with the whole crew again over breakfast, it was back onto the XR and straight back to Pikey’s, with only a whistle stop along the way…

Back at his gaff, Pikey showed as the recorded from TV to VCR, then converted to DVD, TV show of his first ever trip to Thailand. Where he went on a tour through Laos lead by none other than out fearless leader, Davidfl… it was a really good show, especially when we could get the ‘behind the scene’ commentary on our DVD version, not available when it originally aired…

Made me really really wish I had made the effort to try and get into Laos this trip… oh well, hopefully one day soon…

As if we hadn’t seen enough of each other, it was a big group again at Kafe that night… the highlight being finally catching up with B&T after all these years, and better still, his ‘Pops’… who has a lot of life for an old bloke, and had TJ, Elle, and I, and most of the tables in stitches…

Not much of a ride (or ride report), but a great weekend away… Thanks guys,

Cheers,
Daewoo