Dainese Alpine star riding gear in Tachilek

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
cdrw;266526 wrote:
I'd a copy of MotoRex's map of the 3 bike shops...sadly it was not specific enough and proved to be no help. None-the-less...with a little diligence I found all of them.
Though I was hot and sweaty, I liked experiencing the hordes of people and shops of Tachilek and will surely go again sometime.

There are three shops? I have only seen the one pictured above. Any tips for finding the other two?

The tank bag seems to have stopped falling apart. Maybe it will last a while after all.

Mar 11, 2008
Captain_Slash;266535 wrote: Whats this all about then? I have never had to pay any fees on the Thai side of the border at any crossings

While I havent yet done this border crossing, from what I read thats to not process you out the country but to leave your passport and let you enter the market area without formally leaving Thailand and entering on the other side.

Apr 27, 2010
LivinLOS;266574 wrote: While I havent yet done this border crossing, from what I read thats to not process you out the country but to leave your passport and let you enter the market area without formally leaving Thailand and entering on the other side.

I've done this twice now and had to pay 100 THB at the Thai side (don't know the reason, and i haven't asked) and 500 THB at the Burmese side both times. Process is really quick and smooth though. Two copies of your passport, pay, stamp and go.

Jan 16, 2008
Ive handed my passport in to POP's Motorcycle rental and only have a copy with me, anyone tried that method?

Leaving tomorrow for a week long ride or so, will be up there at some point in time.

Jade64

Nov 5, 2009
Somebody wrote earlier, that those shops are reliable. It was said that shop personell clearly tells the customer what is fake and what is original. Now I am not so convinced anymore.
In february I bought a BMW jacket at Jinshenfa. This one, they told me, it was original:
http://www.jinchenfa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=785:sj108&catid=74:2011-06-17-17-13-14&Itemid=115
Since then have I checked original BMW jackets that are on sale in germany, but I never could find this jacket in any "official" shop. So I think, the jacket from Jinshenfa could be "not original".
I don´t want to say, that I am disappointed with my jacket. No!! It is very good made, suits me very very good. I love that jacket. Quality seems to be very good. I have used it quite a time now and it is still 100% ok.

Maybe there is another reason? Maybe that jacket modell was rejected by BMW. #
Or maybe only a few pieces made as a sample?
Has BMW different jackets for other countries, so my jacket is not for sale in germany??

Jun 28, 2010
Jade64;273751 wrote: Somebody wrote earlier, that those shops are reliable. It was said that shop personell clearly tells the customer what is fake and what is original. Now I am not so convinced anymore.
In february I bought a BMW jacket at Jinshenfa. This one, they told me, it was original:
http://www.jinchenfa.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=785:sj108&catid=74:2011-06-17-17-13-14&Itemid=115
Since then have I checked original BMW jackets that are on sale in germany, but I never could find this jacket in any "official" shop. So I think, the jacket from Jinshenfa could be "not original".
I don´t want to say, that I am disappointed with my jacket. No!! It is very good made, suits me very very good. I love that jacket. Quality seems to be very good. I have used it quite a time now and it is still 100% ok.

Maybe there is another reason? Maybe that jacket modell was rejected by BMW. #
Or maybe only a few pieces made as a sample?
Has BMW different jackets for other countries, so my jacket is not for sale in germany??

i use to sell porsche clothing from my clothes shop in australia.

they were made by the authorised porsche dealer and in fact were as and probably better quality than the stuff that was coming from germany as well as cheaper.
so the jacket you bought could have come from anywhere.
same thing with ducati.made in australia by the local authorised dealer.

the label inside the collar or elsewhere on it might give you some idea of where it came from?

if the quality is good it shouldn`t be a problem?

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
Here are a few photos from my trip there today. They had a decent selection of boots this time around.

274352=7325-P1000704.jpg

274352=7326-P1000701.jpg

274352=7327-P1000703.jpg

274352=7328-P1000702.jpg

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
WARNING : Do not take your wife or girlfriend with you to Mae Sai or beyond , took her there to buy some bike gear which she did and then she also managed to fill the entire car with every bit of crap that she could find from every single vendor on both sides of the bloody border . If that wasnt enough we had to stop at every fruit, flower and food stall from Mae Sai back to CMX. God its good to finally be back home ..

The WARNING really makes me laugh.
Concerning shopping, I only get excited at the bike shops these days. The other vendors and touts are just obstacles.

Jade64

Nov 5, 2009
Just where at the shop.
The BMW Jackets and trousers ARE fake, even though they tell you that they are original.
inside a trousers was a label "Made in Bosnia". First of all, I do not think that any goods are shipped from Bosnia to Burma.
and second: the german text on the label was: "hergestellt in posnien". That is 2 major writingmistakes. I cannot believe that inside a genuine BMW trousers.
the protectors are made by a chinese company, so I think the whole stuff is made in china.

but anyhow: seems to be very good quality. only legal reasons should prevent from buying, of course ;)

JB2112

Nov 3, 2011
I tried on a few dirt-bike helmets yesterday and I smelled and saw signs of mildew. Who knows where this gear is coming from.

For helmets in Thailand I am sticking with Helmet 2 Home near Pantip Plaza. The owner is such a nice guy and seems really hard-working and honest! (Does anyone know his name?)