Dan Sai Trip Reprt

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
The reason I have stressed planning ahead, is it took me three weeks to find these rooms. It's 37 Klms form the evnt through mountain roads not exactly the best hing to ride at night with a fwe beers under your belt

But it is a really beautiful place, with good food, including the breakfast included with the room. Our bikes were photographed everybody and his little brother. Some Thai's showed up with sport bikes, they smiled and nodded but never offered to talk, so we didn't get to know them.

Remember the ,little quirks, on the first night we were leaving to go from Dan Sai to go back to the resort. I go to the bike, to change my un glasses to my normal ones, cuase it si pitch dark.I'm franticv can;t find them anywhere. Turns out my wife took very good care of me took off the bike and left tme in the room. So I ca't see and we ahve 37 Klms of mountian roads to do in the dark. Dil led me back to the room. I felt like tha blind little mouse character with the cane, but we made it. :roll:

Somewhere along the line can't remember which day I decided it was time to have a few beers. I remembered the next day why I don't drink beer and take my pain medication. Oh well I w having a great time and it was time for a beer. :wink:

QUIRKS

At about four clock we were having few drinks and thinking about heading back to the resort for a shower and some dinner. We get a call fom the resort yuo will never believe where the Princess was having dinner that night. So we are told we can't go back to our room till 8:00 P.M. Now I wasn't real happy about that, But I can understand the security aspects.

About seven Klm from the resort towards Loie we had seen a sign that said Staek, we had ate the carival about three times so it was time for a change. I'm expecting the normal excuse for steak. Not hardly he buys his beef from the Co Op in Sukonakorn. For 115 baht we got a great steka dinner with garlic breaqd. So it all worked out nicely.

We got back to the resort about 2030 adn had called ahead o see if we could get in our rooms. Sure no problem. We arrive we are stopped by the fifth calvery. They finally let us take our bikes in and we get into our room about 2100 hours TT and all worked out for the better anyway :wink:

Phu Ruea resort

Phone numbers:

042-899 048
042 899 042

Rooms start at 400 baht for a fan room and 900 for a baic aircon room. Up to 2800 baht. Now I wanted a place for a shower and to sleep, so 900 worked out just fine for me. Lucky took a fan room and had no complaints. Forget abou watching TV unless your fluent in Thai.

We actually had a discount to 800 because we were renting five room but two guys didn't saty, so 900 :lol:

DanSaiiPueRuaResort053.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort048.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort049.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort050.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort051.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort052.jpg

DanSaiPueRuaResort054.jpg

DanSaiResortPueRua046.jpg

DanSaiPueruaResort046.jpg

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Guys here is a cardinal rule neve ever trust my directions. I leave bread crumbs from the house to downtown. I'm ok unless the birds show up. Hopefully Dill will post the proper route, he is very good at finding his way around. I watch his tail light and it all works out 8)

anyway here goes.

From Dan Sai

203 south

2216 East

10 Klms past Lakdan ( estimate)

Unmarked road East

Good road about the same challenge as the Dan Loop. We did run into some loose gravel where they were resurfacing the road

2019 East

201 south back to Udon. you will join up with 201 not far from Erawan Cave.

BACK TO UDON

Lucky almost go one heck of a photo here I just getting into the curve nicely leaned over the curve hit oil, it must have been small. Back end only slipped about four inches, better back then the front. I like the shiney side up :shock:

DanSaibacktoUdon115-1.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon116-1.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon117-1.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon124.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon122.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon121.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon120.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon119.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon118.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon117.jpg

DanSaiBacktoUdon116.jpg

Can't beleive it Lucky's photos are done I will now work on Dils and mine

Well I learned a lot about Photo Bucket in this process, so things should be easier now I hope I don't duplicate to many things. I have to go through over 600 photos to do that I'm a Old Git so forgivness is required :roll:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Photos by Poi

Poor baby I finally convienced her to take photos while we were riding, told het to just point the camera and Icould fix them later. She was looking through the view finder, got sick so we had a stop for getting rid of breakfast

DanSaiLifesgood291.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood290.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood289.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood288.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood287.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood286.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood285.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood284.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood283.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood282.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood281.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood280.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood279.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood278.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood277.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood276.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood275.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood274.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood273.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood272.jpg

hots by Poi

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
You will see a photo of little Honda 50 or 90,. There were hundreds at the event or at least in the area, they had came from all over Udon, Pittslanuk Ect. Some with two people up and camping gear. Buzzung down the streets being pushed by friends, Running at night with no lights frontt or back. Hey! they were having fun.

DanSaiLifesgood250.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood249.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood248.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood247.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood246.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood244.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood243.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood242.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood241.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood240.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood239.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood238.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood236.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood235.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood234.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood233.jpg

DanSaiLifesgood232.jpg

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
That is one awesome post Ray!!

Don't even want to think how long that took you.

Looks like you had a great time and a lovely ride and the weather even held up for you. Great stuff. Hope to be able to join you guys next year.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well to be honest it was pretty tough until David and John told me I could more the one photo at a time, then it went pretty quick. Hours not days. Still don't have Dils yet, I think he is going to pick some of his and post them.

I really hope he posts some o his oin the Dan Sai loop, Mai is is his duty photgrapher and she ws busy on that stretch. For a little 85 Klm loop it is really awesome.

I hope to see a lot of guys there next year, I'll post something in the general forum soon suggesting a get together there next year.

Thanks

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I was really impressed with one, so hope to see other guys there next year. If we can get room early enough hard to pin down dates as I understand it the village elders get together adn decide baed on the cycle of the moon sometime in June or July.

Yes it a great area to ride in and not far from Udon. There and back was a normal day ride before. Back can't do that but if I overnight then I can still enjoy it.