Dangerous family behavour in Phuket on scooters!

madjbs

Apr 10, 2006
Fishenough;282644 wrote: I agree with Tony, glad you're sharing your pictures. If even one single parent takes warning from these pictures and one child is saved from death, or brain damage, this thread was worth it's space a thousand fold.
Yeah but tourists in Phuket enjoying their holidays are hardly going to be reading GT-rider are they! If the OP really cares about the kids on the bikes his energy would be better spent informing the parents exhibiting dangerous behaviour, rather than taking snaps of them to complain about on an expat forum. Just my opinion :)

Aug 29, 2011
madjbs;282654 wrote: Yeah but tourists in Phuket enjoying their holidays are hardly going to be reading GT-rider are they! If the OP really cares about the kids on the bikes his energy would be better spent informing the parents exhibiting dangerous behaviour, rather than taking snaps of them to complain about on an expat forum. Just my opinion :)
madjbs, I appreciate this is an open forum & I respect your right to voice your opinion, it makes for healthy debate.

All the expats & workers i know & chat with find this problem in tourist areas of Phuket quite disturbing.....We talk to as many new tourists as we can about not putting their kids on a bike & without being to pushy/preaching or just sounding plain crazy, it usually falls on deaf ears.

I was the only person out of my click of friends who uses a forum because of my love of modifying bikes & thought I would post some pictures on the "general discussion" board. I never did get the perfect pics of a family of four on a scooter with no helmets on, as i don't have a camera with me very often! This thread has twisted & turned in some odd directions. I'm glad over 1,400 people have read the thread & are hopefully talking about it. Without knowing the history of why the thread was created i can see it could look a little strange or even weird....lol No offense taken!

I definitely will think twice about posting a controversial thread again & probably stick to the motorcycle tech threads instead.

I've done my little bit raising awareness about daft tourists & road safety, without strutting around Phuket like some looney on a soap box. :p