Driving with GPS

Dec 1, 2006
Marco wrote:
Im going currently with Garmin Nuvi 310.
As mapping gamin has everything inside, hotel,hospitals,eating,drinking places,,,and best of all as it's bluetooth connection one can make a call directly for those plases as many of them has contact details in the map.....
Hey Marco, gadgetrend currently has the Nuvi 310 on sale here at a mere THB12,900. Looks like a cool bargain to me. How suitable do you find it for use on your bike versus your car or on foot? How long have you had it, is it still working well?

Dec 1, 2006
tropicaljohno wrote:
bought the MIT 15 Intercom from Whitehorsepress.com

really impressed with the unit, comes with extra mic's for open or full face unit.

has rechargeable battery, and fitted accessory plug on lead, so can recharge from bike battery

found could hear fine, even with ope face helmets, mind you as we were on Phantom, didn't go above 120kph, but wind noise not a problem at that speed

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_ ... ts_id=5275
Hi TJ!

I bought an intercom in Europe some 2 years ago but stopped using it after a few rides because wind noise makes it impossible to hear one another, the the unit is uncomfortable to wear (earplug style) and it takes us way too long to get ready after each stop.

Ever since I have looked for an affordable alternative. We wear full face helmets and want to permanently install the speakers and mics. Did you install yours by yourself or did you have it done professionally? If you did it on your own, how tough was that? Did you acquire it via Internet, or is someone selling the units here?

Dec 1, 2006
bought the MIT 15 Intercom from Whitehorsepress.com

really impressed with the unit, comes with extra mic's for open or full face unit.

has rechargeable battery, and fitted accessory plug on lead, so can recharge from bike battery

found could hear fine, even with ope face helmets, mind you as we were on Phantom, didn't go above 120kph, but wind noise not a problem at that speed

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_ ... ts_id=5275
Do any of you GT riders own an MIT 15 rider-pillion intercom or another unit in the $100-200 price range that can easily be installed in full face helmets and works really well at speeds above 100 kph?
Thanks for your recommendations, guys!

Dec 1, 2006
Judging from the GT Rider responses (the lack thereof :eek: ) it looks like your best bet is the MIT 15 which you'll have to order on the web. If you happen to be located in BKK, we could place a joint order if that reduces the shipping cost. I'll go looking around for shops that will install intercoms in helmets, and I'll share my findings in this forum.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Beat

I have totally missed your post here...Sorry, i reply to everything i can possible comment on something nonsens or something valuable... :wink:

I have BAEHR Ultima XL,,darn expensive
zbi-k1200lt.jpg

How ever not yet installed and not used due my modification project to bike.
Said to be good and easy to be installed,, will see about that when i take the taks.

Sorry about lack of feed back...

Aug 27, 2007
Beat,

TJ passed away on 10 november .....that will be why there was no response from him. I'm sure he would have answered you within 5 mins. of your post had it been possible, however I'm fairly certain he got his units from Whitehorse and an electronic engineer friend of hours sorted it out for him.I don't think it was particularly difficult.

Dec 1, 2006
Noel, I know, but I learned of his demise after I posted that item (made me feel real awful! :cry: ).

Thanks for the info. I'm not particularly handy, so I'd hate to import a unit just to discover that I'm too damned untalented to stick it into our helmets...

Oh, Marco, you're such a snob! Only the priciest stuff is good enough for you and the missus, huh? :lol: (don't mind me, I'm only envious!)

It's interesting though how my post today got the ball rolling. You dudes are simply great, I gotta give it to you!!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Beat

I cant be snob,,im unembloyed...just happen to have it in my hand,,,but it's expencive but said to be the beast, i dont know before i install it and try it, IF it works as said,,then WOW,,if not ,,then welll,,shit happend.
Now i do a lot of Mods on my bike as soon i get spares so when she is up and running hope then i can get that WOW...just kidding..

So where you guys are up to next?

Dec 1, 2006
Hey Marco, I hope you didn't take my remarks seriously! We're not going anywhere till I change my tyres, which I hope to accomplish tomorrow. If the weather cools back down again by Sunday, we may hit the road for a day. I have to be back on the job Monday-Tuesday though. We're taking the family to Pattaya for New Year, so I don't see any exciting rides on the horizon. How about you, where do you plan to celebrate the countdown this year?

Oh, remember this post of yours?
As mapping gamin has everything inside, hotel,hospitals,eating,drinking places,,,and best of all as it's bluetooth connection one can make a call directly for those plases as many of them has contact details in the map.....
Do you still use your 310? Is it suitable for bike use (I mean not only on your 2-wheel yacht :p , but on regular bikes)? How do you rate its quality?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
beattheswiss wrote: Hey Marco, I hope you didn't take my remarks seriously! We're not going anywhere till I change my tyres, which I hope to accomplish tomorrow. If the weather cools back down again by Sunday, we may hit the road for a day. I have to be back on the job Monday-Tuesday though. We're taking the family to Pattaya for New Year, so I don't see any exciting rides on the horizon. How about you, where do you plan to celebrate the countdown this year?

Oh, remember this post of yours?
Do you still use your 310? Is it suitable for bike use (I mean not only on your 2-wheel yacht :p , but on regular bikes)? How do you rate its quality?
Beat

I never take anything seriously, sso dont worry abt that.. :wink:

Yes i still using my nuvi 310 and it's NOT suitable for Bikes or Yachts, as it's NOT water proof.
IMG_1521.jpg

There you can see it on it's place

It's getting really dusty while riding and it can be falling off as it's holded down only with suction cup..but i find it working very nice.

Dec 2, 2008
Marco

How has the 310 held up against the dust?

looks good on your bike. I am picking up a ER6-N in 2 days and am thinking of getting the 310

Did you hard wire into the battery?

Kevin

Dec 2, 2008
I recently added the310 to my ER6-N and it is brilliant- I have used it to navigate round small roads and have found it very easy to use – so far no problems with the dust