DRZ Aftermarket parts

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Folks, can you tell me where the best place to pick up aftermarket stuff for a DZR 400? Is Singapore a better place for this as I will be there for a week and if I can save a few bob buying there I'll bring the stuff back with me?

Many thanks

Muzz

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Dear Muzz,

Of course Sing is a good place to prurchase parts for DRZ but that' s depend what you are looking for as for me much better would be US where you can find lot of special parts such as 450 cc kit (piston/cylinder), 39 & 41 carburetor, Yoshimura exhaust kit system ...

On top, I must say that skills are much more on the US side than on Sing side.

Hot it helps, if you'ld like more indication do not hesitate to drop me a PM

bill

Mar 29, 2004
I get all my DRZ stuff from Thumpertalk-USA
They can ship to Thailand/Cambodia (~5-7 days)using USPS-EMS (United States Postal Service) which is a cheaper option than Fedex.
I dont have to pay customs duty in Cambodia, dont know about Thailand.

According to my enquiries to a DRZ riders club in Singapore (link below), its cheaper to buy parts from TT than locally in Singapore

http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... ms=DRZ,400

Sep 14, 2007
Thanks lads for the info. Azoulay any additional info would be great.

Cheers

(PS Harry Sheene is my new sign in) Muzz is no more.....

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Does anyone have a source for Suzuki Djebel DR250XC parts (2002)? This model is different than the DRZ250. Basically it is a Japanese model, I don't where else it was exported. I need a CDI. I have tried two (just be sure) for the DRZ250 ordered from the U.S. and they are not compatible, as in "don't work".

BTW if anyone needs a NEW in the box CDI for a DRZ250, I have one.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

In fact I was quite happy to see that Bill and others support the idea of buying DRZ parts in the US (TT).

However,I would like to add that evoluting in this part of the world we have to be a bit more creative and (how to say, I miss words in English) but in French we say Système D, la Demmerde... Seals, bearings, springs, chains, fork parts must NOT be a problem, we can allways adapt something. I would only encourage for these kinds of bikes to use what is available locally, not to go for costfull imports and adapt the bikes to the country conditions.

I don't want to hurt any purists who like the bike genuine from the shop, but off-roads... Only a point of view !

bill

Mar 29, 2004
quote:

However,I would like to add that evoluting in this part of the world we have to be a bit more creative and (how to say, I miss words in English) but in French we say Système D, la Demmerde... Seals, bearings, springs, chains, fork parts must NOT be a problem, we can allways adapt something. I would only encourage for these kinds of bikes to use what is available locally, not to go for costfull imports and adapt the bikes to the country conditions.

Yes. we're lucky in this part of the world when it comes to maintaining our dirtbikes. Locally sourced chains, sprockets, tyres, bearings etc are all very affordable compared to western prices.

Here in Cambodia we can buy late model low km DRZ's ex Japan for $4000-$5000 including tax and often these bikes come with $1000 worth of aftermarket exhaust and racing carb.

As for TT, when you cant find a part locally, TT store is a good place to look and have a price matching policy.