Finally Did It....

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Hi David,

Sorry to learn of your mishap and best wishes for a speedy recovery - you can't keep a good man down!

From all the guys in Bournemouth.

Jun 21, 2006
Hi David

Sorry to hear about your acident, only just got back from a weeks sailing, and I reckon Pikey's been having a word with my neighbour as he has security on his ADSL connection. (After 2 weeks we are still without water and fone line as workman cut them by mistake widening road).

Will send a couple of bikey dvd's up for you....

Perhaps you could hire Pico's side car for a while to get around.....

Jun 21, 2006
Silverhawk

How did you find the DR 650, are you happy with it, did you manage to lower the seat height..

Any other plus/minuses to mention.....

SuziQ

Oct 29, 2006
Speedy recovery to you , David. You're an incredibly hardy guy...that's why the call you FL, I guess. [8D]
This may sound crazy but I always found that in retrospect, the mishaps seem to be part of the exciting adventure... like battle scars when one recounts war tales. [8]

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
First let me say I wish you a rapid recovery. I would try to learn from your incident. The dirt really looks lose on that road. What could you do if anything to avoid this in the future?

Again sorry to hear about the news.

Jan 16, 2007
Very sorry t hear about your Accident David. Thank God it was not an open break. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Welcome to the Clu, this is why I ride dirtbikes. I'd be glad to send you the bastardized Minsk with a wide seat. You don't need to use the clutch, it's almost a step thru and so slow you can stand up if you go down.

All the best and you can fly to VTE for rehab...

Oct 15, 2006
Hey David,
Hope you feel better soon. I just found out from John that you took a spill. Really sorry to hear that. Hope you'll be up and riding again, soon.
Mon and I are closed for a few days. Mon's dad needed a brain operation, which was completed successfully at MrCormick Hospital last Wednesday. He walked out of the hospital, recovering well, on Saturday morning and is doing well so far.
Today, it's Mom's turn. She has had trouble with her knee for a long time now and Mon took her to the hospital this morning, to see if they need to operate.
Hopefully, she will be fixed up quickly, too and we can head back for Chiang Dao.
To anyone who stopped by the restaurant and seen the "Closed for medical emergency" sign, we are sorry. Just one of those things we couldn't do nothing about. Hopefully we will be back for Thursday or maybe even tonight, if Mom doesn't need an operation.

Anyways, all the best to you, David. See you soon

Mon and Kurt

Jul 6, 2004
Hi Dave,
Just been on a 700+ km ride with 100+ km dirt thru the snowy river country to the 4th Annual Aussy H.U. meeting on old Doris.
To make you feel better I got you an xl tee shirt. I hope it ain't to small! I'll mail it up to you if you promise me a gt rider tee. L
please!
Coming up to Thailand in July, may catch up then.

Cheers
Tom

Mar 5, 2007
Hello David, Pardon the boldness of an unknown brand-newbie posting to you, but my sympathies on your injuries. I had a rather similar spill on pavement (bad judgement in a hurry) and broke 3 ribs and my scapula (shoulder blade) which cannot be set. At my age (50 at the time) it was a long slow healing. Best wishes for quicker recovery!

Oct 17, 2006
David, I m not trying to be clever, but you may want to ask your doctor how soon physiotherapy ought to begin to avoid the risk of a frozen shoulder.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by PICO-PICO

David, I m not trying to be clever, but you may want to ask your doctor how soon physiotherapy ought to begin to avoid the risk of a frozen shoulder.

Pico Pico
No trouble for suggestions, but Ive got heaps of faith in my doc. Been patched up a few times by the guy. He's also looked after members of the royal family, so he's good.
Next appointment is tomorrow for another xray & then supposedly all being well, back again in approx 1 month to take off the splint I think. Id love to be able to move the shoulder around / lift my arm, if it was not so painful = the bones are still knitting. Stopped taking pain killers 2 days ahead of time so I could feel what was going on & ouch, had a violent sneeze & it felt like I was snapping it all over again.
All good luck I reckon as it could have been heaps worse, with blood everywhere & no hill tribe pick up & no field clinic & no pain killing injections & no mobile phones & worst of all mo riding buddies to set up the "retreat" home.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Good to hear that your knitting is going well & that you haven't dropped too many stitches so far!
Impressed by your foregoing the PKs early - but at least you'll be able to feeel & taste the Jamesons.
But "Retreat" from Laos?
Shurely 'shome mistake - don't you mean "strategic withdrawal"?
Quickly followed with a rendition of "Never surrender... beaches.... blood, sweat & tears"
This being your finest hour.
Keep the two fingers up mate, and let me know if you need anything from the smoke[BKK].
All the very best and hope the cat's not on your hot tin roof.
Rhodie

Aug 31, 2005
Dave,
Little do you know that there was a fully qualified aussie doctor just waiting for you in Hongsa. He would have loved to fix you up..

Sep 22, 2004
David,
I must be in the slow lane because I just read about the dirt devils in the road treating you badly. Sorry to hear about your mishap and hope you are recovering well.
This must have happened shortly after I caught a ride with you in Mae Hong Song. Much thanks for the back seat ride then and I felt I was in the protective arms of your guardian angle.
Take good care mate & I'll see you soon.
Lynn Brown
P.S. Thor, Jerry & Thomas also send you their best wishes.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi David,

I saw the mirror pictures and will try to get these mirrors down here during my stay in France.

Let you know.