For sale: Waterproof textile riding gloves

Dec 28, 2008
For Sale: a nearly new pair of waterproof textile riding gloves. Price - 1200 baht. These gloves are the Fieldsheer Aqua Sport gloves, color blue & black. (Click here to see and read about them:)
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/ ... loves.aspx
Glove highlights: 500D Carbolex Back; Clarino palm; Phoslite® reflective piping on back and fingers; Soft leather between fingers; Full rainguard waterproof, breathable membrane; 3M® thinsulate supreme insulation; Velcro adjustable wrist and cuff area.
There’s a very positive review of these gloves at webbikeworld at this webpage:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle- ... qua-sport/
I’ve had these gloves for about 3 months, and have used them 7 or 8 times, but they look very new. I’ve ridden with them in some very heavy rain, and my hands have stayed completely dry. (The webbikeworld review also says that they are completely waterproof.) They also have quite a bit of bright reflective piping on the outside of the gloves. They are sized smaller than usual, and the ones I bought (size Medium) are a little too small for me. My hand measured between a small and a medium according to Fieldsheer’s glove sizing chart, so I got the medium size, but they’re still too small. So you need to have fairly small hands, like 7 to 8 inches measuring around the palm of your hand. Here’s a link to Fieldsheer’s sizing chart:
http://www.fieldsheer.com/site2009/IE/sizechart.html
One problem with these gloves (which, from what I’ve read, is a problem with most or all rain gloves) - if you’re hands are wet or sweaty, the gloves are difficult to put on; the cloth on the inside of the glove clings to wet skin. Living in Thailand, I try to buy gloves with no leather in them. (These gloves only have a tiny bit of leather on the sides of the fingers.) My first pair of gloves here in Thailand were leather, and they mildewed after getting wet. My first pair of rain gloves were a Joe Rocket pair (discounted way down to like $10 at some website); they also were difficult to put on if my hands were wet or damp, and they only kept my hands dry if it didn’t rain too hard or too long. I’d like to order a larger pair of the Fieldsheer Aqua Sport gloves, but if I can’t sell these Medium ones, I can live with them. I bought the gloves for about $40 at revzilla, and had them shipped to my parents in the U.S., who mailed them to me. (I think the shipping cost was about $20.) I’ll sell them for 1200 baht (about $35). If you were to order them from a company that ships overseas (like bikebandit), the shipping itself (from the U.S. to Thailand) would come to a little over $70.
If you're interested or have any questions, you can email me at [email [email protected]][email protected][/email], or call me at 081-021-8290. I live in Phayao (the next province down from Chiangrai), but make trips to Chiangrai often, and to Chiangmai, Lampang and Nan about once every month or two. If you are interested in the glove, and live in any of these cities, I’d be glad to drop by and let you look at the glove before you decide whether to buy it or not.