Garmin recalls some types of Nuvi's

Discussion in 'GPS Use, Tracks & Maps Discussion' started by Auke, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Auke

Auke Ol'Timer

Guess that not many on this forum will have Nuvi's but Garmin is recalling some types. I am using a Nuvi 200W in my truck and will have to send it to Garmin to have the battery replaced.

Garmin is voluntarily recalling certain nüvi devices that contain a specific battery that was
    manufactured by the battery supplier within a limited date code range. Garmin has identified
    potential overheating issues when certain batteries manufactured by the third-party battery
    supplier within a limited date code range are used in certain Garmin nüvi models with a specific
    printed circuit board (PCB) design. It appears that the interaction of these factors can, in rare
    circumstances, increase the possibility of overheating, which may lead to a fire hazard. Although
    there have been no injuries or significant property damage caused by this issue, Garmin is taking
    this action out of an abundance of caution.

The recalled devices include a small subset of the following nüvi model numbers:

nüvi 200W, 250W, and 260W

nüvi 7xx and 7xxT (where xx is a two-digit number)

Determine your nüvi model and serial number by looking at the label on the back or bottom of
    your nüvi. You must provide this and other information to determine whether your nüvi is
    affected by this recall.
    To easily and quickly determine whether your nüvi is affected, go to

2. Loading...

3. daewoo

daewoo Ol'Timer

Thanks Auke,

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem my Nuvi 320 is on the list, because the battery has failed in it, but I will check anyway...