Garmin Software Updates-New

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
My Zumo is less than a year old, but I seem to be having a few software "glitches", so I ran my Garmin Updater software which can be downloaded at http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupda ... nstall.jsp. It will automatically identify your unit and download any updates.

My Zumo had version 2.5 installed but Garmin has already updated to version 4.4.

It installed in a matter of minutes and added many features that I complained were lacking before. Eg. show or hide visible tracks, added more fields to the trip data and also added a new compass page. Nice!

Whatever Garmin you may have, it is worth a look to see what updates are available. :D

Mar 21, 2007
Hi Dave,
Did the same with my 76Cx which is 18months old...amazed at the updates !
Nice to be pleasantly suprised....

Oct 17, 2006
I´m sorry I´m not good in technical things. I love my Garmin 276c combined with the ESRI THAI map which came out last January.

I believe the ESRI card has some small programming hick ups. E:G: the violet underlining of a route vanishes when automatic zooming gets larger.
Question= is that update related to the ESRI map or is the warning = HANDS OFF still on?
Should I get it?
Info =I dont transfer my tracks to my Mac.

Pico

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
PICO-PICO wrote: I´m sorry I´m not good in technical things. I love my Garmin 276c combined with the ESRI THAI map which came out last January.

I believe the ESRI card has some small programming hick ups. E:G: the violet underlining of a route vanishes when automatic zooming gets larger.
Question= is that update related to the ESRI map or is the warning = HANDS OFF still on?
Should I get it?
Info =I dont transfer my tracks to my Mac.

Pico
The updates we are refering to are strictly hardware, or in laymens terms-the GPS units brain. It has nothing to do with the map.

Oct 17, 2006
but having a updated brain in whatever sense, shouldnt that be always better?

I.E. would you suggest I get one?

Pico

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
PICO-PICO wrote: but having a updated brain in whatever sense, shouldnt that be always better?

I.E. would you suggest I get one?

Pico
Pico-
It's very simple to do, but I am not sure about on a Mac. For a windows OS computer, just go to the link in the original post and download the file. Run install by following the instructions. Then all you need do is connect your GPS to the computer. Start the program and it will check and see if any updates are available for your GPS. If there are it will install them automatically within a few minutes and you are finished.
Sometimes even after an update is installed you don't see any visible changes, at other times, such as my Zumo, it may make a big difference.

Dec 31, 2008
Am new to this site and apologise if you all know this already but just in case, please look no further than the fantastic zumo forum http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php

and in particular any advice from contributor 'ECM' who seems to solve every problem possible in a polite and professional way.
Paul