good as new Xmoto 4 sale in Chiang Mai

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy and Sell' started by KZ, Feb 25, 2009.

1. KZ

KZ Ol'Timer

Just spotted this ad for BMW Xmoto for sale up there inChiang Mai on bahtsold:

Category: Motorcycles
    Area: North
    City: Chiang Mai
    Contact Name: carson
    Telephone: 0835819696
    Description: BMW XCountry 2008 1500 km perfect condition

no price, though...
  2. Loading...

3. Muzz

Muzz Ol'Timer

Around 450K I'd say. They are around 600K new, nearly 9K GB Sterling for a used single. Alot alot alot of money.........
  4. KZ

KZ Ol'Timer

600K new? That's crazy! You'd get a Yamaha XT660X for that, throw in a Kawasaki ER6 for free! And a KSR 110.
  5. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

The Ad is actually for the X-Country! New Base Model Costs 495.000 Baht. Nice Little Bike :wink: It is the X-Challenge that Costs 603.000 Baht, That has the Air Bag Suspension but has been a bit of a Failure in Sales. :!:
  6. Muzz

Muzz Ol'Timer

I did check with the seller. I was bang on, he is looking for 450K. 8)
  7. NDSinBKK

NDSinBKK Ol'Timer

That's why I'm on an 1150GS. You can get a good GS for about the same amount that people ask for the 650s, and they are a lot more motorcycle for the money and represent a better value, IF you are able and willing to put up with the size. The size is a disadvantage in town and at rest, but otherwise is an advantage. Even in the city, the passage of a GS creates a "Moses parting the Red Sea" kind of effect.

And, as noted, for the price of a new BMW 650, you can probably buy BOTH a GS and a smaller city bike, if so inclined.

For me the value proposition of the BMW 650s in Thailand does not work.
  8. KZ

KZ Ol'Timer

Xcuse me for getting the model names wrong, maybe I was too Xcited and miXed up Xmoto with Xcountry.
    Saw a funny T-shirt yesterday, a kid selling me moo-yang in the market wore it, it said in big red letters:

9. Rhodie

Rhodie Ol'Timer

Avoid the X Challenge with air suspension.
    There's a demo one sitting in Barcelona with an inoperable air suspension unit.
    No one @ B has a good word to say for it.
    They say they do not plan to be bringing anymore [X Challenge] in.
    This issue does not affect the X Moto or the X Country.
    However they are X Pricey for what they are.