Hello everyone.. some advise needed

Apr 14, 2011
Hi all, im new to this forum and i would be in Chiang Mai in a few days to do the MHS loop. Have bought the GT rider MHS map and just need some advice.

1) I understand that this period is the hot season, may i ask if the heat is bearable? I live in Singapore and we get an average of 28-34 all year round!

2) Is there a refueling point every 100km-150km or so? What about refueling points in Doi Inthanon National park?

any help would be most appreciated!

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
G'day NobleGrp,

Weather bearable (more so than Singapore). Great riding in the morning; warmer in the afternoons.

No problems with fuel but would be easier to advise if we had a more detailed itinerary from you, details of your bike, one up or not, etc.

With the GTR map you've got the most important thing!

Have a good ride.

Apr 14, 2011
Rod Page;267101 wrote: G'day NobleGrp,

Weather bearable (more so than Singapore). Great riding in the morning; warmer in the afternoons.

No problems with fuel but would be easier to advise if we had a more detailed itinerary from you, details of your bike, one up or not, etc.

With the GTR map you've got the most important thing!

Have a good ride.

Hi, thanks for your reply. My plans are for one-up riding with some friends. Would be renting some bikes but not sure what kind till we get there.

Plan to do the loop as follows:

1st day: Chiang Mai to Pai/Soppong (can't decide yet)
2nd day: Mae Hong Son
3rd day: Mae Sarieng/Mae Chaem (can't decide yet)
4th day: Doi Inthanon
5th day: Back to Chiang Mai

Would appreciate all suggestions!

Apr 14, 2011
Hi, thanks for your repy.

My itinerary will roughly be:

Day 1: Chiang Mai
Day 2: Pai/Soppong (undecided)
Day 3: MHS/Mae Sairiang (undecided)
Day 4: Mae Chaem
Day 5: Don Inthanon National Park(understand that there is a place to stay inside the park?)
Day 6: Chiang Mai

What do you guys think?

Apr 14, 2011
I would be bringing my GPS along but it would be only used just in case i get lost or something. I prefer the hard way of asking for directions or referring to the map.

Lastly, anyone wanna tag along? hehe..

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
Great trip.
This site is full of all the information you'll need.
Safe trip

Apr 14, 2011
Gary Foo;269277 wrote:

Hey Noble.
Yur fellow SG-rean. Have you been on the trip yet? hows the trip? Will be going in Late July.

Hi, i came back from Chiang Mai in May. AMAZING TRIP! But seems like u going for 2 days which is alittle rush in my opinion.

IMG_9383.jpg

Jun 25, 2011
NobleGrp;269283 wrote: Hi, i came back from Chiang Mai in May. AMAZING TRIP! But seems like u going for 2 days which is alittle rush in my opinion.

IMG_9383.jpg

In fact for these 2 days. i will go on a 1 day trip basis. Am actually there for a week. But u knw, most of the time with be time with the mrs to explore other things in CM. My main worry is the weather. :(