Hello/Sawadee/Sabaidee from Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia

Discussion in 'New Users' started by darryladrien, May 10, 2012.

1. darryladrien

darryladrien Member

Hi, My name is Darryl Adrien, currently living in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia.I will be doing the Golden Triangle ride this August 2012. Recently i googled and searched and found this website. I think personally this is a very2 informative website for rider all over the world especially new riders.

Hope you all can help me during my trip to GT.:):)

THanks,

Darryl Adrien

2. Loading...

3. schackster

schackster Ol'Timer

Hi Darryl , let us know when you are in Chiang Mai . It would be nice to meet you.

4. David Learmonth

David Learmonth Ol'Timer

Once you know when you'll get to the Golden Triangle area - let me know & maybe we can meet up.

5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

It will be good to meet up with you. The Euro Diner / The Kafe / The X-Centre are all good places to meet up.
    BTW how many days have you got for your trip?

6. darryladrien

darryladrien Member

Hi all, sorry for the very-very late reply, i was busy with work. my trip itinerary will be like the following:

9 AUG: KL-KEDAH,MALAYSIA
    10 AUG:KEDAH-PATHALLUNG(H4)-CHUMPHON
    11 AUG:CHUMPHON-RIVER KWAI BRIDGE
    12 AUG:RIVER KWAI
    13 AUG:RIVER KWAI-MAE SOT
    14 AUG:MAE SOT-CHIANG MAI
    15 AUG:CHIANG MAI
    16 AUG:CHIANG MAI - NAKHON SAWAN/AYUTTIA
    17 AUG:NAKHON SAWAN/AYUTTIA - BANGKOK
    18 AUG:BANGKOK
    19 AUG:BANGKOK
    20 AUG:BANGKOK- VIENTIANE,LAOS
    21 AUG:VIENTIANE-VANG VIENG
    22 AUG:VANG VIENG-LUANG PRABANG
    23 AUG:LUANG PRABANG
    24 AUG:LUANG PRABANG-VIENTIANE
    25 AUG:VIENTIANE-BANGKOK
    26 AUG:BANGKOK-POIPET-SIAM REAP
    27 AUG:SIAM REAP-BANGKOK
    28 AUG:BANGKOK-CHUMPHON
    29 AUG:CHUMPHON-HATYAI
    30 AUG:HATYAI-KL

this is the rough schedule since i cant foresee what is going to happen, hope everything would follow as scheduled.
    will update u guys later. btw, u guys know any reliable hotel/motel or something like that. not too fancy, as long got bed,wifi,parking?

Thanks
    Darryl Adrien

7. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Why not ride through Northern Laos from Chiang Khong / Houei Xai - Luang Prabang - Vientiane - "Bangkok."
    But why not skip Bangkok altogether?

8. darryladrien

darryladrien Member

my official trip with my bike is from KL-HATYAI-CHUMPHON-KANCHANABURI-MAE SOT-CHIANG MAI-BANGKOK..
    because my friends are organizing a trip to Luang Prabang,Laos. so i decided to leave my bike in Bangkok then go to Luang Prabang with them,they are driving cars. after the Luang Prabang trip then come back to Bangkok and take my bike to Cambodia then back to KL with them.

Its a complicated arrangement but i think thats the best because i can cover more places.

Regards,
    Darryl Adrien