Hello To All My Fellow Biker Brothers!

Nov 23, 2011
Allow me to intoduce myself.. My name is Sathiya.. i live in Ipoh Perak, Malaysia. Im 35 years of age and Biking is my life.. especially retro machines. I have been riding since the age of 12 with my first bike a humble Honda 49cc c100 cub which i still own till today. Currently i ride a 1978 gs1000, 1980 gsx1100 , 1974 Yamaha RD250b and few other Vespas which is my favourite touring bike which i have travelled around malaysia.

I have travelled to Hatyai few times, Betung countless times.. and i love riding to Thailand especially because of its rich culture, its roads, its places, its good food and last not least the humble and friendly Thai people!!

I just got to know about the GTR-forum by myself as im found it by accident while surfing the net.. because we (small group) of my friend is planning a trip to Koh Samui, Thailand dec 25th-31st..hopefully if everything goes thru...and we are travelling by Vespa.

So Im here just to say hi to all my fellow bikers, hope i can know more bikers over here in the forum, and we can share our experience, knowledge and passion of biking!! Once again.. Hope to know all you Great Bikers in GTforum...

Dec 27, 2007
Welcome to the GT-Rider!

A Vespa trip to Koh Samui- sounds like FUN!

Just be aware of the heavy holiday traffic and watch out for a lot of drunk drivers during that period.

Look forward to seeing your trip report!

Tony :happy1:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sounds like a fantastic ride coming up. I hope everything goes well for you.
I'm glad too that you've discovered GT Rider -welcome & I hope you find lots of useful info on the site.

Nov 23, 2011
TonyBKK;273489 wrote: Welcome to the GT-Rider!

A Vespa trip to Koh Samui- sounds like FUN!

Just be aware of the heavy holiday traffic and watch out for a lot of drunk drivers during that period.

Look forward to seeing your trip report!

Tony :happy1:
Thanks for your reply Bro! Yes we are aware of the heavy traffic during the holiday season as Samui is a hot spot for alot of tourist.. so we are planning all our ride during the day to have better visibility..also to avoid the drunk drivers (thanks for your kind info)

Nov 23, 2011
Davidfl;273496 wrote: Sounds like a fantastic ride coming up. I hope everything goes well for you.
I'm glad too that you've discovered GT Rider -welcome & I hope you find lots of useful info on the site.

Hey David.. thanks for your reply..im already very exited for the trip and also in discovering the GT Rider.. this is one of the best forum i had come accross so far!! You guys are just AWESOME!!!

Nov 23, 2011
JB2112;273493 wrote: Welcome Sathiya!
Yes, please leave a trip report!

Thanks Mate!! I will leave a trip report!! Glad to know you guys and Thanks for the warm welcome!! lol

Nov 23, 2011
Captain_Slash;273505 wrote: Welcome Sathiya, I toured around Malaysia last holiday and stayed in Ipoh for most of that trip, its a good base to tour out from and close to the Cameron Highlands.
Lip Meng is another poster on this forum who also lives in Ipoh

Thanks Mate..too bad i just got to know you guys.. or it would be my pleasure to hangout with you during your stay in ipoh.. Ipoh is one of the best place to live in Malaysia as we have our free 'so called' race track that stretches from Simpang Pulai-Cameron Highland-Gua Musang(Kelantan) its a fantastic road to canyon carve!! lol.. Furthermore Ipoh is the Heaven for its variety of Malaysian dishes from Chinese, Malay, Indian and Mamak food

Jul 18, 2009
Hi s.sathiya, good that youve made your prescence known. Ive also ridden throughout Malaysia countless times ( I lived in KL for 7 years)and my step children live in Ipoh Gardens. We had a large group from Lanun bikers ride up and visit us here in Chiang Mai a while ago and also a group from MBC . It would be good if one day soon you and your friends could make it up to Northern Thailand

Nov 23, 2011
schackster;273516 wrote: Hi s.sathiya, good that youve made your prescence known. Ive also ridden throughout Malaysia countless times ( I lived in KL for 7 years)and my step children live in Ipoh Gardens. We had a large group from Lanun bikers ride up and visit us here in Chiang Mai a while ago and also a group from MBC . It would be good if one day soon you and your friends could make it up to Northern Thailand

Good Day Schackster! Thanks for your reply...my ultimate riding goal is not to go around the world..but to ride the golden triange..and last not least is to joyride the 1000 Corners! LoL just saying the name 1000 Corners already triggering my adrenaline... Thanks again Mate...some day I definitely will make it there .. Just a matter of time and extra cash to spend..as I'm in the sales line..it's difficult to break away from my loyal customers..

Nov 23, 2011
273579=6328-DSC04553.jpg

273579=6327-DSC04580.jpg

273579=6326-DSC04505.jpg

The Red Vespa and The Guy with Red shirt is Me..

Nov 23, 2011
273580=6329-DSC04503.jpg
Found this wonderful picture of our Thai King and His Princess in a motorcycle shop in Betung, Thailand. Its a very rare Vespa GS160.

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
welcome Welcome Sathiya..hv nice days for your info dec is raining season for southern Thai....prepare u rain coart