Helmet cam?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy and Sell' started by leprac, Aug 2, 2009.

1. leprac

leprac New Member

Looking for a helmet cam.Any idea where to find one and how much?
  2. Loading...

3. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

4. Azoulay

Azoulay Ol'Timer

Hi Marco and Friends,

No need to use this, just go to Banmoo electronic market in Bangkok and source a camera with an AVI output as it exists for surveillance.

You'll need to power it via your bike power and/or/or battery and link it to an AVI input.

Please visit the AVTECH site at www.thaiavtech.com or www.avtechthai.com (both sites are working).

This solution won't cost you a lot and works fine, I tried it already with success.
  5. leprac

leprac New Member

I found one I like its called the vholdr.www.vholdr.com straight forward operation,sells for about 14700baht.Have no idea if thats expensive or not,will carry on looking. :D
  6. dirthonk

dirthonk Ol'Timer

leprac, if you are in chiang mai then the shop across the nawarat bridge 50metres on the right hand side heading out of town might have what you want. they have a selection of helmet cameras there for under 10,000baht. the owners name is gai.
  7. leprac

leprac New Member

thx,will do :D
  8. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

Happy honky

You have any more details what type cams they have?
    do they come with HDD as well?

I would be intrested also as i dont wanna order from EU or UK
  9. Marco

Marco Ol'Timer

When you will be back in TH?

I will check how things going on and let you know, thanx for offering.
  10. dirthonk

dirthonk Ol'Timer

marco, they are the GoPro brand of camera. i think he has a pretty wide selction from their range.
  11. pseacraft

pseacraft Ol'Timer

This is what I use on my KLX and my offroad rig:

It is not cheap but its pretty tough and I love it. I can record up to 8gb in .avi format, I think that's 360 minutes. Longest I have captured is 4.5 hours. Got mine from the States tough.

12. deckx

deckx Active Member

anybody know somewhere in pattaya ??
  13. Naz

Naz Active Member

sorry didnt checked date of last post