Helmet refurbishing

Jul 25, 2010
A mate of mine has just had his helmet refurbished at a shop in Bangkok.
This is what he said of the experience:
'I am very pleased with the job they did on my BMW helmet, it is like new'
You can reach these people on 'www.thaiantinoc.co.th'

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Based on Ron's recommendation I contacted Thai Antinoc through the above link. I told them I needed to refurbish my Shoei helmet. This was their reply:

Yes
We have a department for the restoration, refurbishment and repair all Type of helmet products Please contact directly Mrs. Oranong 02-221-4358, 02-2212-4727

Kind Regards,
Webmaster

I called Mrs. Oranong (she speaks English) and she said EMS my helmet to her at the store, and enclose 1,000 baht for refurbishing and to cover the cost of EMS back to Chiang Mai.

I sent my helmet on Wednesday, and Saturday it was delivered back to my house in Chiang Mai. She replaced the entire liner, and redid the cheek pads with new padding and leather. She "grafts" the new liner to the original Shoei snaps and fittings. It is still removable for cleaning and IT LOOKS AND FITS GREAT!

I know helmet manufacturers recommend replacing helmets after 3-5 years, but my helmet doesn't have a scratch on it and a replacement would be in the neighborhood of 22,000 baht. If you want to get a few more years of service out or your helmet, this is the way to go. :clap: