help needed getting bike from China Laos border to Chiang Mai

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Hi all, as the title says we have a BMW gs that will enter Laos on the 24th of July and we have to get it ftom the border to Chiang Mai. Not sure what is the easiest way? . Bike can be ridden it is roadworthy. The bike's owner had an accident in China and has been medivac back to his home country of Australia. Any help ideas info much appreciated. Please if you have any ideas or can perhaps ride it to Chiang Mai lrt me know. I will cover all reasonable costs.

Jimmy currently in China

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
20130709_211347_zpsf5e1cffc.jpg

Dave the bikes owner. Would appreciate your help.

Jun 13, 2010
Hi JJ,

I am in Chiang Mai and I could be able to help you by riding the bike back to Chiang Mai, I would appreciate not to have to cross the border to avoid purchasing a re-entry permit tho, but if that needs to be done I can consider doing it.

You can contact me by PM here and I will give you all other means to contact me.

When does that need to be done, and where at the border does the bike needs to be picked up?

I have a Thai driving license for motorbikes, and I am an easy rider (especially when driving a bike thats not my own).

Let me know if you are interested.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
JJ.CM;291636 wrote:

Can anyobe on here help us?. We will exit into laos on the 24th of July. We need a rider to take the bike from Laos China border to Chiang Mai.
Jim
I've asked a couple of mates in Luang Namtha to help out. Please wait for a reply.
Something will happen don't worry.
BTW how are you getting the bike to Boten - by truck or is someone riding it out?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
JJ.CM;291636 wrote:

Can anyobe on here help us?. We will exit into laos on the 24th of July. We need a rider to take the bike from Laos China border to Chiang Mai.
Jim
I've asked a couple of mates in Luang Namtha to help out. Please wait for a reply.
Something will happen don't worry.
BTW how are you getting the bike to Boten - by truck or is someone riding it out?

Apr 20, 2011
Hi, i am also available during july and august and could ride the bike from Laos to Chiang Mai (i live in chiang mai) i am an ex GS1200 owner/rider, a safe and steady rider (35,000 kms this year in Laos and Thailand) ride on and off road. Please pm me if you would like my help, send Dave my best wishes! Cheers Alan

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
Hi all Due to a bit of a mistake all the bikes papers flew out with David when he was air ambulanced out of China yo Bangkok. His wife who flew out from Australia to be with him in Bangkok has posted all the paperwork onto a friend of my wifes in C.M . Nok my wife's friend will drive up to Botan with the papers. She is leaving C.M. midday on the 23rd

Alan or anyone are you able to travel up with Nok and meet us at Botan and ride the bike back?.

Once again many thanks to David and the forum members for all their advice and help.

JJ.CM

Nov 20, 2004
The bike is being trucked to the China Laos border. Once in Lsos it can be ridden down to huay xai and onward to chiang mai. I have someone driving up from C.M. on midday on the 23rd. They have a seat for anyone who can ride the bike back to C.M. I will cover accommodation foid and pay for the 3 days . Please let me know if you can help.

Jul 22, 2013
Hi JJ

I'm in Vientienne and would very much like to help out - I'd really like to do the ride too. I can be at the border to meet you on the 25th.

I live in Thailand (BKK) and can simply ride with the group to CM then jump on a train back to BKK

If you give me your number I can call you now and we can discuss it.

Cheers,

Dave:D

J

Javawa

Jimmy,

My good friend is in Luang Namtha at the moment and last week he has offered to bring the bike back on his truck. Last week he gave you also his telephone numbers as you requested these but you did not react. Yesterday and today early morning he sent you messages but again a deafening silence. He just called me from Luang Namtha that he won't wait anymore and this afternoon, after he finishes his work there, he will be heading for Huayxai and cross into Thailand tomorrow morning.